body images 2019 10 01 Zodiac 3png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2019 10 01 Zodiac 3png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Zodiac Signs and Their Love Languages

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Love is a feeling that flows. It’s a soulful sense, a deep desire, or an enacted emotion. It can be described with many words, or with no words at all. Every person expresses and recognizes love and warmth differently. Here’s how your zodiac sign expresses love:

Aries (March 21 – April 19)Aries is ruled by Mars and was named after the ancient Greek god of war. Far more than romance, they want a worthy opponent. Regardless of their age or gender, there’s a sure-shot way to know if these courageous rams love you; they’ll pick a fight. Armed and ready for battle, they usually instigate a playful war of words, designed to simultaneously flirt and test your mettle. Plus, they want to count on someone to have their back during testing times. 

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

Taurus is an earth sign, represented by a bull. Like their celestial sign animal,  they express love the way they do everything else: slowly and thoroughly. They might not say many wonderful words until they feel the time is right, but Taureans are known to be dependable, trustworthy, and devoted through their actions. There’s the wining and dining, sincere compliments, unswerving reliability, and many gifts! They tend to give presents simply because something reminded them of you, because they knew you’d enjoy it, or even “just because.”

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)Gemini is the social butterfly of the zodiacs. You can find them buzzing between happy hours, dinner parties, and dance floors. These loquacious Geminis are natural chameleons because they can recover from any foot-in-the-mouth situation quickly. They’re always funny, but you’ll know they’ve got it for you when they go out of their way to make you laugh. And, who wouldn’t want to have their very own charming, brilliant stand-up comedian?

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

Cancer is a cardinal water sign and is represented by a crab. Crabs, an oceanic crustacean, seamlessly weave between the sea and the shore. The intraterrestrial ability of crabs closely relates to people’s amazing ability to exist in both emotional and materialistic realms. Cancerians love to create cozy spaces and entertain people with comfort food. To find out if a Cancerian loves you, carefully watch for these rock-solid, classic astrological indicators. First, they’ll cook or bake for you. Next, be on the lookout for flowers and compliments; those will indicate the next stage for the two of you. Lastly, be ready to dress up for an evening at their place, poring over scrapbooks. 

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

Leo is a fire sign, represented by the king of the jungle: a lion.  As a vivacious, theatrical, and passionate sign, they enjoy cultivating love and friendships that are artistically and creatively inspired. You might be completely smitten ever since they tossed you “the eye” from across the room, which may have also been the first time you tossed a pretty serious glance right back. So, how do you know whether they like you or if you’re just another flavor of the month? It’s pretty simple. Their schedule will suddenly be wide open, including lunch, dinner, and even entire weekends.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

Virgo is another earth sign, historically represented by the goddess of wheat and agriculture. Virgos are logical, practical, and systematic in their approach to life and love. So if you really like them, then you better get your stuff together, or they’ll do it for you. You might randomly find them at your place some afternoon, happily alphabetizing your movies or arranging your books by height on the shelves of your freshly waxed entertainment center. Virgos show their love by creating clean, organized environments for those they love, because they believe you deserve it. Virgos seem kind, gentle, and supportive, don’t they? Be careful not to lose them! 

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

Libra is an air sign and is represented by the scales, which reflects Libra’s fixation on balance and harmony. While its opposite sign, Aries, exhibits a “me” character, Libra portrays a “we” attitude. When trying to decide whether that lovely Libra is attracted to you, watch them around others. They’re always nice, especially when chatting one-on-one, because that’s their nature.  Once you’ve seen them with others, you’ll notice if they’re being even nicer to you — and that’s how you’ll know they like you. 

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)Scorpio, because of its incredible passion and power, is often mistaken for a fire sign. However, they’re a water sign ruled by Pluto, a planet that governs both destruction and transformation. Scorpios are known to be extremely clairvoyant and intuitive. So, if they like you, they’ll try to predict their future with you by watching you intently, for long periods of time. They won’t stare directly at you, though; that would be far too obvious, and these intriguing creatures are born equal parts detective and analyst, which is why you’re so fascinated. Right? 

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

Sagittarius, represented by an archer, is always on a quest for knowledge. They’re famous for launching their pursuits as blazing arrows, chasing after geographical, intellectual, and spiritual adventures. You’ll know they absolutely adore you when you’re invited to travel with them. It doesn’t matter if it’s a weekend at a bed and breakfast, or even a plane ticket for a week in Paris. Either way, it’s the brass ring. Don’t be surprised if it takes a while, though; freedom is important to archers, almost as important as choosing the right travel partner.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

Capricorn is ruled by the stoic planet that governs time and restriction: Saturn, the taskmaster. Hence, Capricorns are all about rules, regulations, and doing things the way they are supposed to be done. So, if they’re happily attached, then they’re all in when it comes to the relationship they share. When a Capricorn is devoted to a person, thing, or goal, they’re impossible to distract. They’ll make their love crystal clear with a serious conversation, and you’ll definitely know that they’re not kidding. When, and if they do, consider yourself lucky!

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

Despite being called “aqua”-rius, they’re another air sign. As the most humanitarian astrological sign, they fervently support “power to people” and aspire to change the world via radical social progress. These free-spirited, eccentric, and off-beat personalities can be easily identified by their uncommon fashion sensibilities, unusual hobbies, and their non-conformist attitude. They’ll show their affection in every little thing they do for or with you, and fight for you fearlessly if need be.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

Pisces is symbolized by two fish swimming in the opposite direction, representing Pisces’s constant division between reality and fantasy. Pisces tend to be more on the shy side, some of them way more than others. Similar to the other water signs, you need to watch them to see if they actually care. The one and only tip you’ll ever need: they may find it tough to speak at first. But once they get to know and love the real you, they’ll be chattier than any Gemini you’ve ever met.

Hey hi hello! My name is Jetashree Ravi (Nickname: Jet! ?). As an aspiring female developer, I am pursuing Computer Science at the University of Waterloo. I love designing, developing, DIY-ing, sketching, scuba diving, and chasing chaildish conversations.