This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

With Thanksgiving now in the rearview window, Fall is well on its way. The air is crisp, the leaves are a mix of vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges, and there are pumpkins everywhere. Before we know it, we will be surrounded by snow and Christmas carols! But, before we get there, here are 8 things you have to do this fall:

1. Go To A Pumpkin Patch

Get a couple of your friends and go spend an afternoon at a local pumpkin patch. Nauman’s Pumpkin Patch is only a 10 minute drive from campus and they even have a corn maze and hayrides. It is so much fun and you can get some really cute photos!

2. Carve a Pumpkin

After going to the pumpkin patch (or local grocery store), pour yourself some hot apple cider and carve your pumpkin. There are tons of cute ideas on Pinterest, if you need some inspiration.

3. Go Apple-Picking

Are pumpkins not really your thing? Then spend an afternoon at an apple orchard instead. Check out Martin’s Family Fruit Farm, only a 12 minute drive from campus!

4. Watch Halloweentown

Grab a cozy blanket and a bowl of popcorn and spend an evening watching Halloweentown, or your favourite Halloween movie.

5. Take a Hike in the Perfect Fall Weather

Fall is the perfect time to be outside, with the mild temperature and beautiful fall colours. So take a hike and enjoy it while the weather is still warm enough. Not sure where to start? Check out The City of Waterloo’s guide to hiking in the area.

6. Read a Book

I know we are all super busy with school and most of us don’t find time to read. However, over the next couple weeks, make the time to drink a hot cup of tea, cuddle up in a fuzzy blanket, and read a good book.

7. Eat and Drink All The Pumpkin Flavoured Things

You know fall has started once everything you see is pumpkin-spiced flavoured. So embrace it. Drink a pumpkin spice latte, eat a pumpkin muffin and enjoy.

8. Burn a Fall Scented Candle

It isn’t just food that is pumpkin-spiced flavoured, candles are too. Treat yourself to a fall-scented candle and breathe in the perfection that is fall. Check out our favourite fall candles by reading 5 Best Autumn Bath and Body Works Candles on our website!

What is on your fall bucket list?

Hi there! My name is Caitlyn Gellatly and I am the Campus Correspondent and President for the Waterloo Chapter of Her Campus! I am a Digital Arts Communication and International Studies student in my 4th year. I love to read, write, cook and spend time with friends, family, and sorority sisters!
I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!