Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Valentine’s Day Activities for Any Relationship Status

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, meaning that it’s time to spread some love no matter what your relationship status is! Whether you’re loving yourself, your friends and family, or your significant other this Valentine’s Day, here are some fun activities you can do to feel a little extra love. 

Host an at-home spa day

Pampering your body is always a good time, no matter who you’re with. If you have a friend or significant other this Valentine’s, give each other manicures and try out a hand massage with your favorite essential oil. If you’re spending Valentine’s by yourself, don’t worry! You can give yourself an amazing mani-pedi too. 

Order takeout and binge-watch romantic comedies

Sometimes we just need to show ourselves (and each other) love by taking a night to relax. If you’re feeling like a cozy night in, treat yourself to some fancy takeout and browse Netflix for the perfect rom-com. If you want to go the extra mile, go to the store and pick up some chocolate truffles to eat if the movie gets too emotional. 

Get creative in the kitchen

If you love food as much as I do, cooking is a perfect way to embrace love on Valentine’s Day. Pull up your Pinterest board and check out the recipes you’ve been meaning to try. If you’re having trouble finding inspiration, might I suggest the baked feta pasta that has gone viral on TikTok?

Go for a long walk… in the snow

Make a playlist of all your favourite love songs and take a nice long stroll on your nearest trail. Getting outside is a way to boost your mood and allows you to embrace nature. To bring this activity to the next level, show the Earth some love and try to go waste-free for Valentine’s Day!

Write a love letter

Writing on stationery is such a meaningful thing to do, and it gives you a fun item to look back on. If you choose to write a love letter to yourself, it might be fun to make a commitment to an activity to show yourself love. If you are writing this letter for someone else, let them know beforehand and ask if they’d like to exchange them! 

Hey there! I’m Meagan and I’m in my second year as an Honours Kinesiology student. You can catch me spending my free time reading, being outdoors, and thinking of fun new recipes to make!