Style > Beauty

Unlock your Locks: Easy Hairstyles to Change Up Your Everyday Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you have a love-hate relationship with your hair. Some days, all you want to do is run your fingers through your luscious locks, and other days you want to rip out every strand :)

I am the type of person that likes to have their hair out of the way when I am working, and ponytails can get quite boring. With that said, I’ve come up with a list of some effortless hairstyles!

1. French Braid

This classic hairstyle is one that I learned how to do on myself in high school. It makes you look and feel put together (and a little majestic might I add). Once you get the hang of it, it’s very much similar to a regular braid. If you want to get extra crazy, try the dutch braid. It’s basically the french braid inverted! Here is a tutorial if you’re interested in learning the french braid

P.S – braids in general are a good way to hide any greasy third-day hair!  

2. No Heat Waves

Building off the french braid, you can achieve natural no heat waves by keeping the braid overnight! Depending on the number of braids you do, you can make loose or tight waves. It works like a charm!

3. Half Up Half Down

I usually do this hairstyle on days where I kind of like my hair, but not enough to have it near my face all day. You can change this one to make it a half ponytail, half braid, or half bun! It all depends on your mood of the day.

I hope these quick and easy hairstyles make you feel as fab as you are!

Photo Credit: Photo 1

I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!