Top Ten Midnight Bites in Waterloo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

If you are one of those people who look forward to the midnight bite you and your friends will be eating after a long night of bar-hopping, look no further. I will provide you with the best midnight snacks in Uptown that will satisfy any type of craving you might have throughout your long night of drinking, laughing and eating.

1. GRILLED CHEESE

If you are looking for that midnight bite after you have been to a bar look no further than the Princess Café on King St. You can find amazing grilled cheese served on Friday and Saturday nights from midnight until 3:30 am.

When it is open? Friday and Saturday nights from midnight-3:30 am

Where is it? 46 King St. N

2. PIZZA

Fratello Pizza has the best greasy cheese pizza to satisfy all your cravings after a long night.

When it is open? 

Monday 10:30 am – 10:00 pm

Tuesday 10:30 am – 10:00 pm

Wednesday 10:30 am – 10:00 pm

Thursday 10:30 am – 2:00 am

Friday 10:30 am – 2:00 am

Saturday 11:00 am – 2:00 am

Sunday 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Where is it? 84 King St. N

3. ICE CREAM

For your ice cream craving my go to is always Dairy Queen it’s not right on the main strip of Uptown, but close enough to get your fix in. It would have to be an earlier night for you to get your DQ fix because it closes on the earlier side.

When is it open? Everyday: 10:00 am – 10:30 pm

Where is it? 238 Weber St. N

4. McDonald’s

The classic go to for cravings after a long night of drinking is McDonald’s; you can basically fulfill any craving. Another good thing about McDonald’s is it’s very reliable because it’s open 24 hours a day seven days a week.

When is it open? Everyday: 24 hours a day

Where is it? 362 King St. N

5. POUTINE

If you are looking for a french fries fix, you are on your way to Mel’s Diner. There are many options for the kind of style you are looking for. The most popular among my friends is their Buffalo Chicken Poutine. Mel’s is also amazing for those all nighters where you and your friends want to eat breakfast at 5:00 am.

When is it open?

Sunday-Thursday: 7:00 am – 11:00 pm

Friday – Saturday: open 24 hours

Where is it? 140 University Ave.

6. CEREAL

If you are that comfort food/junk food person, you will love Becky’s Apartment. Not only is it an adorable bar, but you can custom order a bowl of cereal! You name it they have it.

When is it open?

Monday-Saturday: 6:00 pm-2:30 am

Sunday: 9:00 pm – 2:30 am

Where is it? 85 King St. N

7. CAKE

Symposium is the place to go for cake! My personal favourite is their chocolate fudge brownie cheesecake. They have two full cake displays and they will gladly give you the cake tour telling you what is in each of their cakes that are available that day.

When is it open?

Sunday-Thursday: 8:00 am – 12:00 am

Friday-Saturday: 8:00 am 1:00 am

Where is it? 4 King St. N

8. FRIES SUPREME

At the Huether Hotel there is a restaurant bar, Barley Works that serves Fries Supreme loaded with goodness. Waffle cut fries with mixed cheese, jalapenos, pico de gallo, green onion and ranch dressing. It’s huge so get it with a big group.

When is it open? Everyday: 11:30 am – 1:00 am

Where is it? 59 King St. N

9. Avocado Toast

If you are a healthier human who wants to not feel too gross the next day, Settlement Co. has an avocado toast that is healthy and of course is also delicious – any millennial’s dream. Only thing is, it’s not open very late. So if you are in the mood for it you need to get it at the beginning of your night out.

When is it open?

Sunday: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm

Monday-Friday: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm

Saturday: 8:00 am – 10:30 pm

Where is it? 23 King St. N

10. DONUTS or COFFEE

Tim Hortons is always a go to for that donut you so badly want or a coffee to keep you going at 2:00 am.

When is it open? Everyday: 24 hours

Where is it? 109 King St. N

I am a total movie/TV show fanatic, lover of all things handmade (I paint watercolour cards in my spare time) and have an obsession with sweets. Studying Global Business and Digital Arts
I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!