Small ways to love yourself this Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you need someone else to make it special. Loving yourself is important too.

• Check in with yourself

Take some time to do some self-inventory. How are you feeling right now? What are you grateful for right now? Make a list of all the things you like about yourself, whether it’s a physical or personality trait. You deserve to feel good about yourself. After all, you’re a strong, independent person, who don’t need no man/woman.

• Take a trip down memory lane

Look at old photos, videos, and yearbooks and celebrate how far you’ve come. Laugh at your old haircuts. Cringe at past relationships. Acknowledge your accomplishments. Reminisce the good ol’ days. Take some time to just appreciate all that life has given you.

• Do something you actual enjoy!

Do something that will make you feel happy. Physical activities like swimming, dancing, or even yoga will get great endorphins running through you. Calmer activities like reading or taking a bubble bath will leave you feeling relaxed and can help you distress from a long day. Whatever you choose, do it for you. Take some quality me time!

• Take time for self-care

Your youth is the time to put yourself first! Prioritize things that are important to your health and well-being. Make sure you get enough sleep. Eat something healthy and delicious. Drink tea. Take your medication, vitamins, and supplements. Caring for yourself is an important part of being the best you can be.

• Treat yo self!

Indulge yourself! Treat yourself to something special! Eat your favourite dessert, watch your favourite movie, or take a trip to your favourite restaurant. Whether it’s by yourself or with friends, do you! You deserve it!

Chelsey Pangilinan is a French and Business student at the University of Waterloo. She is very obsessed with unicorns and iced coffee drinks.
University of Waterloo Honours French and Business 2019, Her Campus Waterloo Campus Correspondent, Social Media Guru, Tech enthusiast.  Fluent in emoji, HTML and CSS. Avid reader of Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Mashable & Tech Crunch. Follow on twitter @jena_tweets