Reasons to Stay at Waterloo for Spring Term

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

If you are contemplating whether or not to take courses at UWaterloo this summer, consider this a sign! Here are all the wonderful reasons to stay next term.

1. ALL the Cute Clothing

Shorts, dresses, and rompers, oh my! We know you’ve been longing for the day to show off your sweet little sundress in class, and now you’ll finally get that chance. No need to wait for those two weeks of warmth in September when you have all of May, June, and July to look fabulous! Bonus: no need for coat check at the club!

2. All the Cute People

Not only will you be looking fly, but generally everyone else will too (though, not as fly as you)! Now that we’ve shed our puffy outer layers, and exchanged them for tees and shorts, you can effectively scope out the cuties on campus!

3. Outdoor Activities

Waterloo has so many amazing clubs and activities running in the spring term. It would be a shame to miss out on them! From Parkour Club to Quidditch Club to getting your lifeguarding certification, Waterloo’s got it all! And there’s no better time to hit PAC’s swimming pool than spring term, ‘cause let’s face it: even though it’s indoor, nobody was trying to hit that when it’s freezing outside.

4. Meeting People in Different Academic Streams

Ah, the intricacies of Co-op. Try as we might we’ll never understand them. On campus one term, off campus the next. If you or a friend is in a co-op program, chances are you aren’t always in Waterloo at the same time. Spring term is a great opportunity to meet new friends who are on a different academic stream from you, or even just to catch up with the friends you haven’t seen in a while!

5. Getting Ahead

If you have the opportunity to take a lighter course load, take it! Taking one or two courses during the spring term can greatly reduce your stress over the rest of the school year. And there’s a crazy rumor that professors are more lenient during the spring term….. maybe it’s all the summer sunshine (and pina coladas).

I don’t know about you, but I’ve never been more excited for school.

Chelsey Pangilinan is a French and Business student at the University of Waterloo. She is very obsessed with unicorns and iced coffee drinks.
University of Waterloo Honours French and Business 2019, Her Campus Waterloo Campus Correspondent, Social Media Guru, Tech enthusiast.  Fluent in emoji, HTML and CSS. Avid reader of Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Mashable & Tech Crunch. Follow on twitter @jena_tweets