This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Q & A a day, a five year journal is it really worth it?

Purchasing the Q&A journal was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Now that statement might seem quite extreme, but it is definitely true. The Q&A  journal will become a part of your daily life and something that you look forward to everyday.

For someone like me who cannot commit to anything for more than a few weeks, I was very skeptical  that I would actually keep using the book for five years. However, it’s been two years and the Q&A book has become a part of my nightly routine. Being a student I feel the pain of never having enough time to write a daily journal but the Q&A journal literally takes two minutes to write down your thoughts of the day.

Every day you are presented with a new simple yet thought provoking question. Each of them so different that one can never truly get bored. What I love most about the book is that it includes questions from the past, present and the future. In daily journal writing, every day may not deserve a journal entry, but the Q&A journal asks  questions that may seem irrelevant at the time. However, later reflection helps you realize the immense value attached to each memory.

For example one question is “how late did you sleep?” this question is so simple and you’re probably wondering how this is going to matter in five years. But the possibilities are endless – who knows, one year you may have been out partying and came home very late. That night might have had great memories attached to it and every year when you come across the question, you’ll relive the night. Another year, you may have gone to bed early to catch a  morning flight off to vacation.

Think of the journal like a yearly time capsule, it  allows you to capture how you are growing and changing as an individual. You’ll remember the crazy Justin Bieber obsession you once had and how over the years you have transformed into a better version of yourself.

The design of the journal is classic. It is small, compact and sturdy enough to last five years.  Every single page is delicately rimmed with gold, that gives off a nice gold accent. Due to its small size it is travel friendly and can be carried around almost everywhere.

So who wouldn’t want a small, elegant journal to record their daily adventures and be able to look back at them over the span of five years.  

The final verdict is that the Q&A journal is a must have!

Image Source

Hi! I'm a fourth year Public Health student at the University of Waterloo. Other than being a coffee addict, I’m an avid social media user and Turkish drama fanatic.
I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!