An Open Letter to Everyone in Waterloo for Spring Term

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Dear Warriors,

As exams have just come to a close… we have a whole 6 days until Spring term! There could be a bunch of different reasons why you chose to stay here in Waterloo, from your co-op stream to catching up on a few courses to fast-tracking your degree, either way, you’re here.

These next four months might make you wish you went back home or took the summer off, especially when you see all those cute instagrams on the beach or snapchats from the parties your friends are at. But we’re Waterloo Warriors. We’re going to take this in stride, even if we might not like it. I know it’s gonna be hard to study, with the sun shining bright, the super warm weather and the beach always calling your name, but know it’ll all be worth it. I, and all of you, have the ability to make this semester our best one yet. We can hit the books hard, stay hella organized and slay.

Not only is academic success important this Spring term, but so is emotional success. Make sure that you’re not only trying your best in classes, but that you’re also trying your best to take care of yourself. Whether that means; a road trip to the beach, taking the night off to head out for patio dirnks, a bubble bath, or anything else that de-stresses you, do it. Yes this is another academic term, but it’s also your life, and you need to enjoy it as much as you can amongst the assignments and tests.

So Warriors, be careful about how you spend your time and who you spend it with for the next four months, we’ll see you back in September!!

HCXO,

Tianna

Tianna

Waterloo '20

As of 2020, Tianna is a UW alumn who graduated with her BSc in Honours Science, with a minor in Biology and a minor in Music. She can now be found either reading fiction novels, hanging out with friends over coffee or thinking about Christian theology. She continues to blog over at https://theselight-woventhings.blogspot.com/
I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!