This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.
  1. Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Waterproof Easy Shape & Fill Eyebrow Pencil
  • This eyebrow pencil is so easy to use. It has the product on one side and the spooly on the other, making for a convenient application. 
  1. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
  • I’ve been using this concealer for years! It’s affordable and gives the perfect amount of coverage — what more could you want?
  1. KVD Beauty Tattoo Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
  • This eyeliner doesn’t smudge or dry out. It has a felt tip, giving you that perfect, precise wing you’re going for. 
  1. Wet and Wild Foundation 
  • This foundation comes in matte and dewy, which makes it ideal for all skin types. It’s also affordable and has the best applicator brush that allows for an easy, no-mess application. 
  1. Tarte Eyeshadow Palettes 
  • Tarte eyeshadows are my favourite, by far! The eyeshadows are creamy, versatile, and long-lasting. The Tartelette in Bloom Clay palette has been my go-to for a while. The colours are neutral and great for everyday wear. I also love the Tartelette Toasted Eyeshadow Palette; the colours are bolder, and are great for a night out!
  1. Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect Mascara 
  • This mascara is my holy grail! I’ve tried many different mascaras in my life and nothing beats this one. Not only is it affordable, but it leaves your lashes looking phenomenal. I like to curl mine and then apply a couple coats of this mascara. 
  1. BH Cosmetics Brush Sets
  • When it comes to brush sets, it’s hard to beat BH Cosmetics. They’re affordable and you can pick the set that best suits you. They have brushes for all your makeup application needs! 
  1. KAJA Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush 
  • This product is super compact, making it perfect for travel. It can be applied lightly for a soft and subtle look, or heavily for a more rosy look. It’s a cushion blush formula, and plus, it has the cutest heart-stamp applicator!
  1. MAC Prep + Prime Fix & Primer and Setting Spray
  • This is the perfect all-in-one primer and setting spray to make sure your makeup looks flawless and stays on all day. It’s lightweight, hydrating, and smells great!   
  1. Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Powder
  • This is another one of my favourite affordable makeup products. If you couldn’t already tell, Maybelline is definitely one of my favourite drugstore brands! This powder does the job, leaving your skin smooth and even.

Happy shopping, everyone! 

Erika Groves

Waterloo '23

Hi everyone! I'm a third-year University of Waterloo student studying Social Development Studies. My hobbies include reading, writing, spending time outdoors, and makeup application!