This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Five Feet Apart

Release Date: March 15, 2019

Directed by Justin Baldoni, this movie starring Cole Sprouse (um, now we HAVE to watch it!) and Haley Lu Richardson is based on the book ‘Five Feet Apart’ by Rachael Lippincott. It is a bittersweet movie about two patients in dire need of new lungs who inevitably fall in love in spite of the odds. Keep your tissues ready with this one, the trailer already has me tearing up.

Isn’t It Romantic

Release Date: February 13, 2019

Rebel Wilson, in New York, trapped in a romantic comedy: need I say full sentences? This movie could potentially be exactly what you need in the Valentine’s Day week: your quick fix of romantic comedies with every cliche that you can think of.

Alita: Battle Angel

Release Date: February 14, 2019

This movie could possibly be the best combination of sci-fi, fantasy, action, and of course, girl power. Set in the fictitious town of Iron City, this is the story of a cyborg discovered and brought up by a cuber doctor, and of how she navigates her way through her new life and fights her mysterious past.

Spiderman: Far From Home

Release Date: 2019

Aren’t we all super excited for this one: the trailer alone had 180 million views within 24 hours of its release. Spiderman: Homecoming definitely left us wanting more and this is by far the movie that I am waiting for the most in 2019. He’s definitely not just a friendly neighbourhood Spiderman and we definitely need him.

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

Release Date: January 24, 2019 (Sundance Festival)

We’ve had more than enough movies, documentaries and shows about Ted Bundy and his gruesome deeds. This movie, however, is from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend, Elizabeth Kloepfer, who refused to believe the truth about him for years. And, Zac Efron plays the lead.

Captain Marvel

Release Date: March 6, 2019

Another trailer that broke the internet this year. This movie follows the story of Carol Danvers, a former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot, as she turns into one of galaxy’s (and ours) mightiest heroes and joins an elite Kree military team, before returning home with questions about her identity when earth is caught in the middle of a galactic conflict between two alien worlds: your perfect dose of girl power and action.

The Lion King

Release Date: July 19, 2019

All our dreams are coming true with the remake of this Disney classic. The trailer got me ready to cry my eyes out, but this time in HD.

Toy Story 4

Release Date: June 20, 2019

This is going to be the best summer, am I right? Another Disney sequel has the excitement levels shooting through the ceilings. This movie got me like: back of kids, us millennials were here first.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu

Release Date: May 10, 2019

A real-life Pikachu, that talks, and is super sassy, and did I mention that he is super life-like? This movie is a crossover between the Pokémon world and the human world. Of course, humans can’t understand the Pokémons except for the protagonist who teams up with Pikachu to find his dad. This movie is going to be legendary.

Your goto for anything Netflix, Taylor Swift or coding related.
Hi there! My name is Caitlyn Gellatly and I am the Campus Correspondent and President for the Waterloo Chapter of Her Campus! I am a Digital Arts Communication and International Studies student in my 4th year. I love to read, write, cook and spend time with friends, family, and sorority sisters!