Making a Difference Locally and Globally

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

This weeks Campus Celeb is Eva Wong who is currently this terms president of the AIESEC (Association of International Students in Economic and Commerce Sciences) club at UWaterloo. 

How long have you been with AIESEC for?

I have been with AIESEC since Sept 2012

How did you find out about AIESEC?

I found out about AIESEC through my brother as he had been a Vice President at AIESEC Ottawa and gone on exchange through AIESEC.

What kinds of events and opportunities have you run or been involved with because of it?

I have had the opportunity to meet with a lot of companies in the KW region to present them the opportunity and value of AIESEC. I have also had the opportunity to attend 4 international conferences (Mexico, Hong Kong, Greece, and India). While I was there I got to interact with AIESECers from different areas of the world. The most recent one was in India, where AIESECers from 128 countries came together, with different backgrounds, values, and ideas, all to discuss and dream of one united goal.

Is there anyone who inspires you to do this kind of work? Who and why?

There isn’t anyone specific that inspires me to do what I do. I believe it’s everyone in the AIESEC network that motivates me to do more. The passion and dedication that everyone has in this organization, is what makes it such an inspiring place to be in.

What plans do you have currently in the process?

Currently I am about to end my president term in December 2015. I plan on going abroad through AIESEC for my co-op term in Winter 2016 to continue experiencing what the organization has to offer!

What kinds of events or plans do you have for AIESEC?

My two most gratifying moments since working with AIESEC have been: 1) Seeing how international and impactful the organization is; At a local perspective, it is very hard to see the impact the organization has on the world, but being able to attend international conferences or even going on exchange opens your eyes to the potential of this organization. 2) Seeing the development each and every single member (including myself) has had during their AIESEC journey. It is an amazing feeling to see new members come in, excited and scared to take on new challenges, and end up being the ones who help to lead and drive this organization.

I am a super friendly person! I have bright Green eyes that smile almost as big as I do! My favourite season is Winter and it's not just because I am a proud Canadian. I am enrolled in the Planning Program in the Faculty of Planning, and I am super excited for my first year. My friend Sav and I are Her Campus correspondents for the Chapter at Waterloo! Super excited! The outdoors is one of my favourite places to be . I love to read magazines, books, and fun interesting facts. I love fashion and trying new and different styles. I am constantly redecorating my room to make it feel even more like home and to show off who I am.