This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

It’s that time of the year again ladies: fall is officially here! Dust off those beach sandals, put away those jean shorts, and bring in the pumpkin spice latte. But before we dive into the excitement of fall, it is also that dreaded time of the year. MIDTERM SEASON! We have to admit, fall has our most favourite outfits, but how does one dress cute during midterms?

No need to panic. I’ll share six items which I religiously wear when dressing cute, but most importantly they’re comfy enough to get me through those exams.  

1. Boots

BOOTS BOOTS BOOTS! Did I say that enough?

Boots will be your best-friend. Whether you’re having a lazy day or not, boots are extremely versatile. From ankle boots to over-the-knee boots – even UGG boots – they all add an edge to your outfit.

2. Leggings

Every closet needs a pair of leggings. Leggings are super cute, yet also very soft. Wearing leggings as pants will not only help you stay warm during those cold late study nights, but they’ll also help you look fabulous all night. You can pair them with either sneakers or boots. Add a plain tee and a cardigan and you’re ready for the day. 

3. Joggers

This trend is tremendously popular on campus. Joggers are sweatpants, but they cuff at the bottom of the legs. Like sweatpants, joggers are extremely soft and warm. They can either be worn with sneakers, boots – even flats! Pair them with a tee-shirt and a chunky scarf and you’re set to ace that mid-term!

4. Baseball Hats

Next on our list are baseball hats. Baseball hats are a convenient way to not only hide the unwashed-didn’t-have-time-studying hair, but also the running-errands hair. Whether you’re wearing this beauty with sweatpants, leggings, or even jeans, this accessory makes any outfit trendy.

5. Scarves

It wouldn’t be fall if there weren’t any scarves. Scarves are a great way to accessorize your outfit while also keeping you warm, comfy and looking cute! Try pairing a chunky scarf with a sweater or maybe even a leather jacket.

6. Bomber Jackets

Last, but not least, we have bomber jackets on our list. From Kylie Jenner to Selena Gomez, everyone is wearing these jackets. Bomber jackets are one of the popular trends of fall 2016. These jackets are a great piece to add to your outfit. They can be either dressed down, or even dressed up, but they are all about the comfort.

Picture Citation:

Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3, Picture 4, Picture 5, Picture 6

I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!