Galentines’ Till The End of Time 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Galentines’ day is the perfect time to show your friends how much you love them. I always find that there seems to be an unsaid understanding among friends that we’d ride or die for, and it’s beautiful! Your friends are all amazing and unique people, and they make everything better just by existing. 

Platonic relationships tend to be downplayed by the media everywhere. I mean, look at the number of movies or books about romantic relationships and compare that to the number about platonic ones. Growing up in an environment that encourages any notion of romantic relationships can make you feel as though you have not achieved the one thing that everyone should strive for: someone who will love you for who you are romantically. Your friends are literally people who love you as a whole: they accept your flaws and imperfections, and they see the beauty in you. 

Thus, planning an event or activity together on Galentines’ day is the perfect way to express your love and gratitude to your friends. You can spend time together, bask in each others’ presence and engage in activities that you all enjoy. There are so many things that you can do. 

If you’re a foodie, having a Galentines’ board night could be the way to go. You could share food and enjoy many delicious treats! You can also spend the day together by getting your nails done or going shopping. You can even paint some mugs together! 

Point being, don’t forget to remind your friends that you are just as grateful to them for being here as you would with a romantic partner.

Happy Galentines’! <3

Hi there! I'm a psychology student at the University of Waterloo. I love studying, and on the side, I am also a big fan of writing. In my free time, I am either on pinterest or I'm in the kitchen, trying out different recipes.