This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

With school starting, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and lost. Here are a few goals to keep you on track during your academic terms and help you succeed!

1. I will go to most of my classes

Let’s be real, you’re not going to go to all of your classes this term. You’re guaranteed to skip a lecture here or there. The important thing to remember is not to make a habit of it. Tell yourself it’s okay to miss a class every once in a while, but try to make it out to most of them.

2. I’ll cook at least 2-3 times a week

Honestly, this one isn’t as bad as you’d think it would be. Cooking at home can not only save you a lot of money, but it can also be good for you. You don’t have to make a gourmet meal, even if you just throw some vegetables in a pan and make a 5 minute stir fry, it’s good enough. You could even have leftovers for a few days!

3. I’m going to hand in my assignments on time

Deadlines don’t wait for anyone. You’re not always going to be able to ask your professor for an extension. Unless there’s a real emergency, try to submit your assignments on time – don’t lose out on your grades.

4. I’m going to take a break once in a while

School is overwhelming, with or without extracurriculars and jobs. Make time to hang out with your friends or have some alone time. Take the time to recharge, your body and mind will thank you for it.

Photo Sources: Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3, Photo 4

Mihan Davar

Waterloo '19

Mihan is an Arts and Business co-op student majoring in English Literature and Rhetoric. 
I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!