Fashion for Change 2017 Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

On March 18, 2017, I had the pleasure of going to see Fashion for Change’s Through the Decades show. This year, Fashion for Change chose to display fashion styles across different decades, from the 1930s to 2020 and beyond. It was a fabulous show created by some of University of Waterloo’s talented students who designed, choreographed and produced the whole show. If you missed out on this term’s show, I highly recommend you attend the show next year, for it was an unforgettable experience.

The show starts off with the fashion of the 1930s with people wearing black and white:

There were some pretty nice effects with the smoke being blasted from the ground.

The costumes and props were all really well-designed with a few fancy dresses, vintage dresses, as well as windows and doors.

Here is a scene where the different costume designs are being showcased.

Fashion for Change surpassed my expectations with the dance choreographies, costume designs, and props used to enhance the show. There were background effects too, which made the show a very lively performance.

The models were really well rehearsed and the whole show was perfectly timed. The dance choreographies matched the costumes and the models did very well.

I was able to capture a few different posing stills of the models throughout the scenes, where they were in a perfect position.

Overall, the music, theme and production of the show was all really well created and I recommend anyone who didn’t get to see this year’s show to see the show next year.

I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!