Style > Beauty

Cruelty-Free Makeup Essentials Under $20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Being a girl can be expensive, especially if you opt in for makeup. I personally don’t wear makeup too often, but I love trying some cheap new things. Here are 4 products I use every time I go out. They won’t break the bank and are cruelty-free so there’s a win-win!

1. Elf Cosmetics Poreless Face Primer ($10)

This primer makes my skin feel smooth and helps my foundation go on amazing! Elf has lots of affordable products that get the job done.

2. Colourpop No Filter Matte Concealer ($6 USD)

This concealer has been making waves for the past few months. Many YouTubers compare its formula to Tarte’s Shape Tape (for a fraction of the cost!).

3. Colourpop I Think I Love You Pressed Powder Shadow Palette ($16 USD)

I just got this palette last month (for just $10 on sale) and I am very impressed. The colours are super pigmented and show up on my skin tone nicely.

4. NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick ($10)

I’ve had this lipstick as a favourite for years (the shade Vintage to be exact). It’s not as long lasting as some other high-end brands, but it does give a more natural finish.

I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!
Hi there! My name is Caitlyn Gellatly and I am the Campus Correspondent and President for the Waterloo Chapter of Her Campus! I am a Digital Arts Communication and International Studies student in my 4th year. I love to read, write, cook and spend time with friends, family, and sorority sisters!