Best Trails to Hike Around KW

Fall is here and the leaves are changing colour! That means it’s the perfect time to get on those hiking boots and enjoy a beautiful hike through some trails. Explore some smaller trails located in Kitchener-Waterloo or venture outside the region and make your own adventure.

In Waterloo:

Laurel Creek Conservation Area Trail

Distance: 4.5 km

Location: Waterloo, ON, by Westmount Rd.

/var/folders/q_/kg9x53gd0157n423m126vw0c0000gn/T/com.microsoft.Word/Content.MSO/84723CAC.tmp

Located near the University of Waterloo, this is a perfect trail to go by if you need a break from studying or just want to relax!

Iron Horse Trail

Distance: 5.5 km

Location: Waterloo, ON, by Erb St. W

Image result for Iron Horse Trail

This trail is a part of the Trans Canada Trail and it joins two cities (Waterloo and Kitchener). It’s also perfect for when you want to learn a bit of local history with your walk.   

Bechtel Park Trail

Distance: 3.2 km

Location: Waterloo, ON, by Bridge St.

Image result for bechtel park trail

This is the perfect trail for a quick hike when you need to de-stress. You’ll find yourself enjoying the scenery no matter what.

Outside Waterloo:

Elora Gorge Trail

Distance: 7.2 km

Location: Elora, ON

Image result for Elora Gorge Trail

This location is famous for so many things including its beaches, waterfalls and cliffs! It’s an experience you won’t want to miss.

Kissing Bridge Trailway

Distance: 45 km

Location: Guelph, ON

Image result for Kissing Bridge Trailway

This is the longest trail on the list. It’s an abandoned railway which has now been turned into a hiking trail and goes through both rural communities and forests.

Mono Cliffs Provincial Park

Distance: 7.3 km

Location: Orangeville, ON

Related image

This beautiful trail is located just an hour outside of Waterloo. Choose between a handful of trails and cliffs to explore!

Photo Credits: 123456