Best Trails to Hike Around KW

Fall is here and the leaves are changing colour! That means it’s the perfect time to get on those hiking boots and enjoy a beautiful hike through some trails. Explore some smaller trails located in Kitchener-Waterloo or venture outside the region and make your own adventure.

In Waterloo:

Laurel Creek Conservation Area Trail

Distance: 4.5 km

Location: Waterloo, ON, by Westmount Rd.

Located near the University of Waterloo, this is a perfect trail to go by if you need a break from studying or just want to relax!

Iron Horse Trail

Distance: 5.5 km

Location: Waterloo, ON, by Erb St. W

This trail is a part of the Trans Canada Trail and it joins two cities (Waterloo and Kitchener). It’s also perfect for when you want to learn a bit of local history with your walk.   

Bechtel Park Trail

Distance: 3.2 km

Location: Waterloo, ON, by Bridge St.

This is the perfect trail for a quick hike when you need to de-stress. You’ll find yourself enjoying the scenery no matter what.

Outside Waterloo:

Elora Gorge Trail

Distance: 7.2 km

Location: Elora, ON

This location is famous for so many things including its beaches, waterfalls and cliffs! It’s an experience you won’t want to miss.

Kissing Bridge Trailway

Distance: 45 km

Location: Guelph, ON

This is the longest trail on the list. It’s an abandoned railway which has now been turned into a hiking trail and goes through both rural communities and forests.

Mono Cliffs Provincial Park

Distance: 7.3 km

Location: Orangeville, ON

This beautiful trail is located just an hour outside of Waterloo. Choose between a handful of trails and cliffs to explore!

Photo Credits: 123456