Style > Beauty

Beauty Products That Don’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

I know ladies – we all have that great, loving (hateful) relationship with Sephora. You walk in, it smells like heaven, and you can already feel the way too expensive highlighter on your face making you glow like the cutest disco ball there ever was. Then before you know it, you’re at the cashier with your credit card in hand blatantly ignoring your bank account crying in the distance.

As much as we all want to just go out and buy all the makeup that Sephora has to offer, the reality is we can’t. We are students and personally I’d rather be able to buy a burrito then dish out half a paycheck on an eyeshadow palette that, yes is probably worth it but is going to end up with me broke and hungry. Here are some cheap makeup products that are blessings in disguises that will hopefully save your bank accounts like they do with mine!

1) Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – $6.00

This mascara honestly makes my eyelashes so LONG that I always get asked if they are fake when I put this on. It’s also super long-lasting and doesn’t flake off which is a bonus.

2) NYX Micro Brow Pencil -$10.00

The tip on this pencil is so thin which makes it super easy to do your brows quickly and perfectly. AND you get a free brow brush at the end of the pencil!

3) L’oreal Infallible SuperLiner – $7.00

I find that pen eyeliners are the easiest way to apply your eyeliner, especially when you’re trying to wing it out! This eyeliner is super easy to use and pigmented enough that you don’t have to keep reapplying it over and over again.

4) L’oreal Infallible Foundation – $16.00

This foundation lasts all day and has high coverage as well, while mattefying your face! It’s also super affordable and has been compared to many high end foundations as well.

5) NYX Lingerie Lipstick – $7.00

These liquid lipsticks are super cheap and super long lasting! They also have a large variety of colours including bright reds and amazing nude colours that are perfect for all occasions.

6) Maybelline the Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette – $11.00

While being extremely pigmented and blendable, this palette has a bunch of gorgeous pink shades that are perfect for spring which is right around the corner! It’s also super affordable for the amount of product and quality you get.

7) NYX Baked Blush – $11.00

These blushes have such a large range which is amazing as they can double as both a blush and a highlighter for super cheap!

Let us know what your favourite affordable makeup products are! Comment below!

Picture Source Credits:

Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5, Image 6, Image 7

Mihan Davar

Waterloo '19

Mihan is an Arts and Business co-op student majoring in English Literature and Rhetoric. 
I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!