Back to School, Back to Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Students’ return to school signifies the beginning of the change of season! The weather is slowly shifting from bright, sunny days to the crisp chill of autumn. Even though the weather is changing, there’s still lots to do this September!

Cross one last item off your summer bucket list!

We all have a list of summer goals  we probably haven’t gotten to yet. While the weather is still nice, seize the opportunity to check one more item off your list.

Go see The Hate U Give!

The movie and the book that inspired it are both interesting social commentaries. This will definitely be a movie you don’t want to miss.

Consider getting an online subscription!

If you’re a book lover, Scribd is the perfect option for you, it’s like the Netflix of books! For movies and tv shows there are a number of options but obviously Netflix itself would be a solid choice. Music can be a bit more difficult depending on which service gives you the greatest access to all the songs you love – I like to use Spotify!

Go grab something pumpkin spicy!

Rumor has it that the pumpkin spice latte is back at Starbucks, so why not embrace the season and grab one while they’re in season!

No matter what you choose to do to embrace the fall season, make sure to enjoy it! It will be winter sooner than you think!

Alexis Egi

Waterloo '21

Alexis is a planning student at the University of Waterloo. Alexis has published a young adult novel and has had her work published in a number of Canadian anthologies. Alexis loves writing, cooking and reading.
I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!