“Adele is a Badass”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

(Source: adele.com)

Time and time again, Adele has proven herself as celebrity who knows how to manage her fame. She has successfully broken many societal norms including body image, gender stereotypes, and celebrity attitude.

Here are some quotes that will empower you enough to say “Hell yeah, you go girl!”

I’ve never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines. I represent the majority of women and I’m very proud of that.”

She has been bashed for the way she looks, which is just not okay. However, instead of trying to conform to others’ expectations, she decided to love herself. She has set an example for everyone else who contemplates the true meaning of beauty. I mean, just look at her, she’s gorgeous!.

“I’m a big personality. I walk into a room, big and tall and loud.”

Gone are the days when women were supposed to be shy, timid and delicate. Be who you are, even if people tell you otherwise.

There will be no new music until it’s good enough and until I’m ready.”

She doesn’t try to make mediocre music, and she won’t rest until it’s perfect – which is how it should be. Don’t stop until you’re pleased with what you’ve done; it’ll be worth it in the end.

There are plenty of celebrity role models who stand for the right thing and encourage others to do the same. Adele just happens to be a prime example of that.

I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!
University of Waterloo Honours French and Business 2019, Her Campus Waterloo Campus Correspondent, Social Media Guru, Tech enthusiast.  Fluent in emoji, HTML and CSS. Avid reader of Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Mashable & Tech Crunch. Follow on twitter @jena_tweets