8 Things That Should Be on Your Summer Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

It’s finally that time of year again, summer is right around the corner! Whether you’re on co-op, in Spring term classes or home for the summer, this bucket list applies to you. 

1. Travel

Travelling is always so much fun and there so many different (expensive and non-expensive) ways to ‘travel’. If you want to go somewhere far, keep an eye out for cheap flights by looking at websites such as cheapflights.ca, skyscanner.ca and yyzdeals.com. Or If you’d like to stay closer to home, consider taking a roadtrip to Montreal or even Toronto! Also check out this article about VIA rail’s special deal to travel anywhere in Canada this summer for $150!!

2. Read a Book 

When you think of books nowadays you probably think of textbooks. Summer is the great place to get back into pleasure reading! You can rent out books from public libraries for free if you a library card, or maybe aska friend to borrow one they own you haven’t read yet. Not to mention reading is a great way to give your eyes a much needed screen-break!

3. Disconnect

Speaking of screen-breaks, challenge yourself to go without technology for an entire day. Leave your phone at home and go outside – enjoy the sunshine! One suggestion: go take cool pictures of whatever city you’re in with a film camera.

4. Go to The Beach

This one is a no brainer. Go to the beach and spend some time in the sun getting a tan and swimming! Bring your bff, favourite pair of sunnies and a cold beverage or two. Sounds like a perfect day doesn’t it?

5. Start a Journal

Journals are such a great way to keep track of memories, life experiences, favourite quotes and anything you want. Try it for the next four months and see what you think. Also check out one of our previous articles about journaling!

6. Take a Hike

Combine this with number one and take a road trip to Hamilton for the waterfalls, Scarborough for the Scarborough Bluffs, or Tobermory to hike the Bruce Trail from Lion’s Head. Hiking essentials include; water, sun screen, bug spray, running shoes, sweat proof clothes and a hat.

7. Make S’mores

Because what summer is complete without S’mores, a bonfire, and your besties?

8. Watch the Sunrise

Because sunrise’s are beautiful, force you to wake up early and enjoy an entire day, and the weather is so warm and perfect in the morning you’ll never want it to end.

Currently enrolled in the fourth year of Global Business and Digital Arts at the University of Waterloo. Lover of the outdoors, photography, art, reading, travelling and creating online content! Ig: daniellekpark    
I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!