8 of the Best Places to go for Food after the Bars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

So it’s 1am, you’ve left the bar and have a mad case of the munchies. Where can you go to satisfy these drunk cravings without breaking the bank? Check out the restaurants below for food inspo:

1. Campus Pizza

Because who doesn’t love a slice of pizza that’s as big as your face? Campus Pizza is located in University Plaza, open until 5am every day, and usually one slice costs $4 (if you haven’t had it yet you’ve been missing out).

2. Smoke’s Poutinerie

POUTINE. It represents patriotism and tastes SO good. Located at 255 King St N (down the street from Phil’s), open until 4am Friday and Saturday nights. The gravy will warm you right up (especially if you didn’t bring a jacket).

3. Frites

Fries. Need I say more? They usually put coupons in student saver booklets so you can even save a few bucks while indulging in many MANY French fries. It’s located at 258 King St N and open until 4am on Friday and Saturday nights. Trying to decide between Smoke’s and Frites is a literal struggle.

4. Burrito Boyz

For those of you that like to munch on non-basic drunk food, this is the place to go. It’s located at 258 King St N and also open until 4am on Friday and Saturday nights. The portions are huge, the prices are good, and having some lettuce in your burrito totally makes up for the drinks at the bar right?

5. Mcdonalds

A Classic. Cheap, filling, and great for sharing. Nuggets anyone? Located at 362 King St N and open 24 HOURS. Hit up Micky-D’s if you’re the kind of person that likes to split on food and stay out til the sun rises.

6. Mel’s Diner

Would going to Mel’s after the bars count as a really early breakfast or a breakfast for late late dinner meal? Doesn’t really matter because the food is amazing and the diner charm is just so cute. Located at 140 University Ave W and open until midnight on Fridays and 24 hours on Saturday (bless), this is definitely a good group munch spot.

7. Burger King (BK Lounge)

Also located at 150 University Ave W, BK Lounge is the spot for anyone who lives on Lester and hates spending money. It’s cheap, filling and open all night long.

8. KD back at your house

I couldn’t help but add KD; it’s a go-to for many students. Pick up some extra boxes at Wal-Mart for when you invite friends back to your place. Be careful when using the stove though!

Cover Picture

I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking! 
University of Waterloo Honours French and Business 2019, Her Campus Waterloo Campus Correspondent, Social Media Guru, Tech enthusiast.  Fluent in emoji, HTML and CSS. Avid reader of Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Mashable & Tech Crunch. Follow on twitter @jena_tweets