The 7 Hottest Makeup Products You Should Splurge On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Did any of your favourite make-up products appear on the list? Are you looking for a new product to add to your make-up routine? Well, look no further! The seven products I swear by are…

1. The Morphe Palette

I am in love with the Morphe palettes. My mother gifted them to me for my birthday (#Virgo) and for Christmas,along with the lip kits – Thanks Mum! There are so many colours, and they are extremely pigmented. They aren’t too expensive either, so you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank.

2. The Kylie Jenner Lip Kits

Look, I get it. The price tag is hefty. It’s $29 per lip kit. TBH, I doubted whether it was worth all of the hype. I doubted whether it would be a good product, especially because of the Kardashian brand to which she’s attached. However, her lip liners glide on smoother than any other and the lip colours are very pigmented.

3. MAC Disney Maleficent Pro Longwear Lipglass

As someone with sensitive and allergy-prone skin, MAC is always my go-to. There is no other foundation better than MAC, in my opinion. For the past decade, I have never strayed from MAC. Also, if you can find the Maleficent MAC lipstick/gloss, get it! You won’t regret it!

4. MAC Extreme Dimension Lash Black Extreme

I picked this product up in an airport in Singapore. My eyelashes look miles long, and I never have to wear false lashes.

5. NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette

I am in love with this palette! Every woman in my family uses this palette, and – bonus – it suits many different skin tones.

6. Illuminate, by Ashley Tisdale – 8 Piece Brush Set

Not only are the bristles structured and soft, but the brushes themselves are gorgeous. I keep my brushes on top of my dresser!

7. MAC Prep & Prime

I’m so in love with this product! This product gives your skin a healthy glow and is a great base for your make-up.

Comment below and let me know what products you swear by!

Picture Credits:

Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3, Picture 4, Picture 5, Picture 6, Picture 7

Vanetia R

Waterloo

Vanetia is in her fourth and final year at the University of Waterloo, studying Honours Arts Legal Studies, with minors in Sociology and Women’s Studies. Vanetia is passionate about animals – especially puppies – loves root beer, and is addicted to marathon-ing FRIENDS on Netflix. Vanetia is also passionate about changing the world for the better and spreading hope and joy, one article at a time.
I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!