7 Cartoon Inspired Halloween Outfit Ideas for the Nostalgic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Gone are the days when you were young and would stay inside to watch your favourite cartoons, but wait, who says you can’t still relive that amazing childhood through your Halloween costume this year? If you miss the shows that were essentially your childhood, here are seven easy cartoon inspired Halloween outfit ideas that you can DIY and find in your very own closet for you nostalgic ones out there.

1. Kim Possible / Shego

“Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me!” It’s time to put a stop to Dr. Drakken’s evil doings once and for all. Pair a black long sleeve with some army green trousers and black sneakers or black combat boots. Accessorize with some black gloves and a red wig; if you’re a redhead, then you were already made to dress up as Kim!

If you’re feeling a little more daring, dress up as the confident Shego by wearing emerald green long sleeves with black pants, and top it off with a black wig. This makeup tutorial can help you achieve an accurate and more animated look of both Kim and Shego.

2. Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents

If you loved Timmy’s fairy godparents, why not dress up as Wanda? Wanda’s outfit is simple and quick to DIY. Make a cut-out of a wand, crown, and some fairy wings. Tape the fairy wings behind a bright yellow shirt and wear some black jeans or leggings. Spray your hair with temporary pink hairspray and bun your hair up. Then, put on your crown, wave your wand, and start granting Timmy some wishes!

3. Helga from Hey Arnold

Helga, an aggressive girl on the outside with a soft spot for Arnold in her heart, is known for her bold unibrow, which is something you want to accentuate when applying makeup. Grab a white T-shirt and put on a pink dress over it. Don’t forget to tie your hair into two high pigtails, wear white sneakers, and accessorize with a pink bow! You’re all set to act tough and mean while secretly harbouring feelings for Arnold when no one’s looking.

4. Pikachu from Pokémon

“I choose you, Pikachu!” All you need to do to achieve the adorable look of Pikachu is to make a cut-out of Pikachu’s tail and ears, wear yellow from top to bottom, and draw red circles on your cheeks, as well as a circle on your nose with black eyeliner. Now, you can use thunderbolt to shock Ash and refuse to go into your Pokéball.

5. Lilo from Lilo and Stitch

“Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” To become Lilo, wear an orange top with a green hula skirt and start showing off your hula moves! If you want to go above and beyond, you can create Lilo’s headband, bracelets, and anklets using this tutorial.

6. Belle from Beauty and the Beast

With the live-action film of Beauty and the Beast being released this year, granting us Emma Watson’s majestic presence and reigniting our love for the animation, there’s no doubt that many people want to dress up as Belle. Curl your hair, braid half of it, and twist that into a bun for Belle’s signature hairstyle during the dance scene with the Beast. Put on your gorgeous yellow dress and feel just like a princess!

7. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman is a spectacular representation of an empowering, strong, and beautiful female, notable in the Justice League cartoon and Gal Gadot’s performance in the recent live-action film. Follow this step-by-step tutorial to create Diana’s signature tiara. Pair a red tube top or T-shirt with a bright blue skirt or shorts, and be prepared to fight for the peace of mankind!

There are many fun ways and options to dress up for Halloween this year. If you’re like me and still a kid at heart, relive your childhood one more time by dressing up as one of your favourite cartoon characters and have a blast!

Jamie Su

Waterloo

Jamie is a passionate dog lover studying Honours Arts at the University of Waterloo. As an INFP, Jamie finds comfort in writing, reading, and a good cup of tea.
Stephanie is a University of Waterloo alumni. In her spare time, she loves filming and creating YouTube videos. Check out her YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bizzarosmeszaros