6 Spooky Movies for your halloween Marathon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you absolutely love Halloween movies. There’s really nothing better than coming home on a chilly fall day, curling up in my warm, cozy bed with a pumpkin spice latte, and watching a Halloween movie. I’ve compiled a list of six of my favorite spooky movies to give you all the Halloween vibes. Happy watching!

1. Hotel Transylvania

A cute, funny movie with lots of monsters, if you’re looking for something a little more lighthearted this Halloween.

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas

Is this a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie? I’m still not sure. This movie follows Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloweentown, as he accidentally ends up in Christmastown. 

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Werewolves, dementors, and serial killers; out of all of the Harry Potter movies, the Prisoner of Azkaban is the most Halloween-esque. 

1. Labyrinth

In this movie starring David Bowie, a teenage girl is given 13 hours to make her way through a maze and rescue her baby brother from the Goblin King. 

1. Coraline

When Coraline moves to a new house with her family, she discovers a secret door to an alternate world that very closely resembles her real life. When Coraline gets trapped in this new world, she has some spooky adventures on her journey to escape. 

1. It

This one is a little scarier than the others on this list, so if you want to get your adrenaline pumping, this might be the one for you. In Derry, Maine, an evil clown comes out from the sewer to terrorize the town’s children.

Enjoy your Halloween movie marathon!

Liz Beach

Waterloo '26

Hi, I'm Liz and I'm a third year Geography and Environmental Management student at the University of Waterloo! I love to work out, crochet, and cook, and I am also a huge true crime fanatic.