Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Things To Do With Your Boo for Quarantine-O-Ween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Fall is in the air, the days are getting shorter, and that means Halloween is right around the corner. Halloween hasn’t ghosted us yet. It’s still on the calendar. Candy is hitting the shelves and costumes stores are open. But we’re still in the midst of a pandemic, and so it should come as little surprise that Halloween festivities will look different this year. You and your SO may not be able to go out, but there are still plenty of things the two of you can do this year in order to get into the Halloween spirit and make it memorable. Here’s a list of 5 ideas for safely getting your spook on in 2020.

Go to a drive-thru or outdoor haunted house

Haunted houses have not been cancelled completely this Halloween. The creative makers of haunted houses have come up with new ways to enjoy the thrill of getting scared all from the safety of your car or a socially distanced outdoor setting. Screampark at Bingemans in Waterloo brings you a variety of outdoor haunted houses that’ll be sure to give you a scare. It’s simple: buy your tickets online, show up with your boo, and walk through the haunted house course ready to be scared at every turn. Be sure to read all of the rules before arriving there in order to ensure a safe and spooky night.

Dress Up

Just because you can’t go out doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t dress up and have fun with your SO at home. You can DIY a couple’s costume or even order one online! If you have a pet, dress them up too! Dressing up is for everybody, not just humans. No matter what you do, just have fun with it! Even if the costume doesn’t turn out that good it doesn’t matter, because only your SO will see it and it will be something to laugh about.

Stay Up All Night Playing “Among Us”

If you haven’t played “Among Us” yet, it’s time to start!  Spend Halloween playing this phenomenal game, stuffing your face with candy corn, and betraying your SO’s trust. However, beware! This cursed game can start a fight between the closest of people. 

The best part is it’s accessible to everyone. If you don’t have a PC or laptop that can run it, don’t worry. You can download the free app on your phone. The game is cross-platform, so you can play with each other no matter if you choose to play on your phone or computer. While the mobile app is free, you have to pay to download it on your computer. Luckily, Steam sells it for $5.69. You can play with up to nine other people. Use Discord to create a group call and play with friends!

Watch Scary Movies at Home

Watching movies at home may be a casual pastime all year round, but now that it’s spooky season, it’s time to get into the spirit by watching scary movies while snuggling with your SO all night. Some horror movies that you can watch on Netflix are Train to Busan, Hush, and Insidious. If horror movies and thrillers are not really your thing, then don’t worry! There are plenty of other milder Halloween movies on Netflix to watch such as Monster House, Ghostbusters, and Happy Death Day. Whichever movie you decide to watch, you and your boo will enjoy getting into the Halloween spirit all from the comfort of your own home. 

Make Halloween Treats

All holidays are a great time to let yourself go and eat as many treats as you want, but no holiday does it like Halloween. There’s always an overflow of candy and Halloween-themed Pillsbury cookies, but there are also so many Halloween-inspired treats that you can make at home. You can find many easy recipes online and all the treats have cute Halloween-themed names such as Eerie eyeball pops, Slash cake, Grasshopper cocktail, and Maggoty apples. All it takes is a quick trip to the grocery store and you and your boo can spend the day cooking up these delicious treats. While eating candy is a nice treat as well, making and eating your own creations with your SO is so much more rewarding and also a fun activity.

Elizabeth is a student at the Univeristy of Waterloo and a sister in the Zeta Omega chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma