5 Things To Do In Toronto over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

As exams wrap up, it’s time to start planning how you’ll spend your Winter break! Besides binge-watching Netflix and oversleeping, here are 5 places you should visit with your friends or significant other in Toronto during the Winter break:

1. TORONTO CHRISTMAS MARKET

Located in the Distillery District, this street market is the perfect way to spend an evening with your partner! You can find local vendors, food stalls, a Ferris Wheel, and of course, Santa here! In case you haven’t seen all of the Instagram pictures of the gorgeous Christmas tree…

2. THE NUTCRACKER @ The Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts

If you are a fan of the arts, this two-act ballet performance may be perfect for you! The National Ballet of Canada has been putting on this famous show since 2005, and you can catch it until December 30th!

3. CASA LOMA

Every night until January 7th, the Casa Loma will be open! Bundle up and wander through the garden and watch a magic show. Check out the holiday décor, and if you’re feeling nostalgic, you can visit Santa in his castle workshop!

4. TORONTO EATON CENTRE

We know Conestoga Mall is lacking so if you have a chance to check out the Eaton Centre this break, do it! If you want to wait for some good deals, make sure you go early on Boxing Day! Most sales run for a few days after as well.

5. NATHAN PHILLIPS SQUARE

If you’re still in the city on New Years Eve, you definitely want to ring in 2018 at Nathan Phillip Square! Not only are there fireworks, but also music and skating!

Enjoy your winter break Warriors!

Picture Credits:

Cover Image, Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5

I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!