5 Summery Starbucks Drinks You Have To Try If You Hate Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Simply put, I’m addicted to Starbucks iced fruity drinks. I have tried basically every single one, and I cannot stop finding excuses to go to my nearest Starbucks to order one. Even in the winter months, I love a good iced drink (don’t get me started on how much I hate hot drinks) and I love drinks that taste like fruit (the taste of coffee makes me gag). This list is for the people who have picky taste buds like I do, or for those of you who are looking to experiment with your Starbucks drink choices.  

Guava Black Tea Lemonade

This drink is my go-to and will probably always be my go-to. I find that barely anyone knows about it, so it’s like a secret gem. This drink is sweet, but the bitterness of the black tea gives it a nice balance. You can opt for this drink with or without lemonade, depending on how sweet you like it — either way, it’s delicious. The black tea has caffeine in it, but not enough for you to feel the effects (although, I will admit, it does act as a nice placebo at times).

Mango Dragonfruit Refresher

If the stunning colour hasn’t sold you yet, let me just tell you that this drink is the absolute perfect way to be refreshed after a long day in the sun. Might I add, the little pieces of dragonfruit really add something extra. If you like sour drinks, this one is certainly for you. It’s also the most caffeinated out of all the drinks on this list. You’re welcome in advance!

Guava Passionfruit Drink

I tried this one for the first time the other day and it was a really pleasant surprise. The fruit juices are blended with coconut milk to create a slightly thicker texture and a more smoothie-like favour. If you’re not keen on super sour drinks, this one might be your best bet. Starbucks knew what they were doing when they made the bold choice to combine these flavours, and let me tell you, it paid off.

Peach Green Tea Lemonade

Before trying the Guava Black Tea, I always ordered this drink. I absolutely love the peach flavoured green tea, and yet again, the lemonade creates a nice contrast against the bitter flavour of the tea. (Side note: whoever first decided to mix tea with lemonade is an absolute genius.) If you’re not a fan of peach then it’s likely not for you because the peach flavour is pretty strong, but other than that, this drink is a crowd pleaser.

Passion Tea Lemonade

I know that this drink is not a hidden gem — in middle school, pretty much every girl in my hometown drank this on the daily. But if you’ve never heard of it, oh boy, you’re in for a treat. I don’t know what’s in the passion tea, but it’s so delicious, and tastes less bitter than green tea or black tea — so if you’re not a big fan of tea, you’ll still like this drink. This one’s an amazing drink for a hot day, and a true classic.

Well, there you have it: 5 awesome Starbucks drinks for all you coffee-naysayers and hot drink-haters. If your wallet can handle it, these drinks will help you get prepped for the warmer months in the best way possible.

Abby is a National Writer for Her Campus and the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Waterloo. As part of the Wellness team, she covers topics related to mental health and relationships, but also frequently writes about digital trends, career advice, current events, and more. In her articles, she loves solving online debates, connecting with experts, and reflecting on her own experiences. She is also passionate about spreading the word about important cultural issues such as climate change and women’s rights; these are topics she frequently discusses in her articles. Abby began producing digital content at BuzzFeed, where she now has over 300 posts and 60 million overall views. Since then, she has also written for various online publications such as Thought Catalog, Collective World, and Unpacked. In addition to writing, Abby is also a UX and content designer; she most frequently spends her days building innovative, creative digital experiences. She has other professional experiences ranging from marketing to graphic design. When she’s not writing, Abby can be found reading the newest Taylor Jenkins Reid book, watching The Office, or eating pizza. She’s also been a dancer since she was four years old, and has most recently become obsessed with taking spin classes.
Hey - I'm Vanessa Geitz, a fourth-year Public Health student at the University of Waterloo. I am currently the President and Campus Correspondent for HC Waterloo and love writing articles! Also a big fan of the Bachelor, BBT, and books.