toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Signs You Are Turning Into Marnie Piper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Every year, when the clock strikes midnight on September 30th and the sun starts to rise on the first of October, I have this feeling something’s not right. I grew up watching the ICONIC series, Halloweentown, idolizing witch-in-training Marnie Piper. She’s quirky, dorky, and just like every teen except instead of math and science it’s spells and potions that cause her worry. So, I started to notice some signals that maybe, just maybe I’m turning into Marnie Piper…

Here are five signs that might reveal that you too, are turning into Halloweentown’s wickedest witch, Marnie Piper*

*obviously the Kimberly J. Brown Marnie, not the Sara Paxton Marnie because they are NOT the same person, and if you think they are, get outta here!

1. You’re a weirdo, all the time…

This one’s pretty general – we all feel ‘weird’ at some point in our lives. But, maybe you feel like you standout a little more than others. You like all things spooky and magical, and your friends think that it’s just a phase but you know being a witch is a lifestyle.

2.  You are always distracted in class…

You’re in lecture and all you can think about are ghosts. How are you expected to concentrate on statistics when you’re thinking about people’s after lives?

3. Your family means a lot to you, especially your Witch lineage…

Nothing can come between you and your Cromwell witches!

4. You KNOW Halloween is the best holiday.

Yeah sure, Christmas is great, Easter too, but Halloween in your eyes is the cherry on top of the sundae.

5. You’re still figuring things out…

Your spells aren’t working quite right but you can’t put your finger on it… practice makes perfect though, and you’re a curious one so nothing is going to stop you from figuring it out!

Marnie Piper is the witch to be this Halloween season! I think deep down we all wish we were a little like her and could use magic to clean our rooms, fly to class and protect all of Halloweentown!

If you are experiencing any of these signs and symptoms don’t be alarmed, embrace it – you are a WITCH!

Happy Spooky Season Warriors!

Hey - I'm Vanessa Geitz, a fourth-year Public Health student at the University of Waterloo. I am currently the President and Campus Correspondent for HC Waterloo and love writing articles! Also a big fan of the Bachelor, BBT, and books. 
I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!