This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

It’s finally the week we’ve all been waiting for — reading week! We finally have a break from school to catch up on assignments, visit family, snuggle up with a good book, and of course, binge Netflix.

With so many new shows and movies coming out on Netflix every day, I find it increasingly difficult to pick one. Instead of cuddling up with some blankets and snacks and just starting a movie, I find that I spend the first 20 minutes searching aimlessly through Netflix for something to watch. Don’t even get me started on how impossible it is when you’re trying to pick a movie with your friends — typically, everyone just nods and mumbles that they’re good with anything. 

Luckily for you, I have a list of shows, both new and old, that are perfect to watch this reading week!

1. Sex Education

First, we have Sex Education. Specifically, I’m talking about season three, because it just dropped (and is amazing). If you haven’t seen or heard of it, start at season one and work your way up! This show is so addictive; in no time, you’ll find yourself attached to the characters. I also find that the show is educational and informative. Go into it not knowing much, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised!

1. Grey’s Anatomy

This show is perfect for binging — especially the earlier seasons, when all the best characters are in it! Grab a bowl of popcorn and a blanket (to cover your eyes from the severe surgery scenes) and you’re ready to dive in! Grey’s can be intense, but if you’re in the mood for a long commitment, then this one’s for you.

1. Gilmore Girls

This is the perfect show to watch with your best friend or sibling. It’s relatable, funny, and perfect for when you’re in the mood for something light and humorous! It’s also fun watching Rory navigate school when you’re on a break from working all day.

1. Outer Banks

If you’re into drama and mystery, give this show a go! There are only two seasons, so you’ll be caught up in no time. This series is all the rage right now, gripping all the girls on my floor in residence. So if you want something thrilling and addictive to consume you this reading week, Outer Banks is for you!

1. Friends

I couldn’t write this list without including (in my opinion) one of the best shows of all time! Leave it to Chandler to make you laugh ‘til you’re sick, and help you forget about your midterm next week. This show refuses to ever let me down when I need a laugh or a distraction from the real world!

There you have it — a list of some shows, new and old, that you should definitely check out this reading week!

Hey! I'm a third-year honours arts student at the University of Waterloo! I major in English with a Digital Arts Communication minor and a tech writing specialization! Oh, and I also write for HC Waterloo! I'm an avid reader (go Gryffindor), obsessed with friends and gilmore girls, and a plant connoisseur!