5 Easy Dishes to Bring to Your Next Holiday Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

So, you’ve been invited to a holiday party and you need to bring something to contribute. Figuring out what to bring can become a tedious task if you want to make something easy but look like you put in effort.

Try one of these simple recipes and hide your true nature as a trash monster.

1. Nacho Dip

This requires 3 ingredients: 1 stick of cream cheese, 1 cup of salsa, and some shredded cheese.

Start with a glass dish and layer the cream cheese first, then add the salsa, and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in the oven at 325 until the cheese bubbles on top. You can also eat this recipe cold.

2. Brie and Jam

What isn’t to love about a wheel of cheese? Bake the brie in the oven in a glass dish at 350 for 5 to 7 minutes. Top the brie with red pepper jelly or any of your favourite spreads and serve with crackers and sliced green apple. This can be served cold.

3. Caprese Skewers

This is a great, fresh tasting recipe that will be sure to impress. You will need: cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, small bocconcini balls, toothpicks, and balsamic vinegar glaze. Place one of each ingredient on a toothpick and drizzle with the balsamic glaze and serve on a platter.

4. Bacon Wraps

These are not the classiest, but they are delicious! You will need 12 slices of bread with the crusts cut off. Spread cheese wiz on the bread and roll it up, then wrap it with bacon and secure it with a toothpick. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.

5. Chicken Bites

You will need 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut up into bite sized pieces. Sprinkle salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes until cooked. Toss them in VH teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

4B Legal Studies and Business student. I enjoy live music and stand-up comedy.
I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!