Style > Beauty

5 Beauty Products That You May Not Know Are Cruelty-Free

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Are you a big fan of makeup and do not support animal testing, like me? Below is the list of different makeup brands you may not know are cruelty-free:

1. Too Faced

(Source)

Too Faced is a perfect choice for those who are into the natural look. I am obsessed with Too faced dazzling color palette – they have the cutest packaging ever! Fact: their brushes claim to be made with the softest teddy-bear hair.

2. Fenty Beauty

(Source)

If you are a Rihanna fan, you must have heard of her makeup brand. Fenty Beauty is more than just makeup. Fenty Beauty markets itself as a solution to all skin types. Whether you have light, dark or even hard-to-match skin tones, Fenty Beauty has your back.

3. Hourglass

(Source)

Hourglass is a conscious brand and is proud to offer cruelty-free beauty products. How can you not fall in love with their high quality and luxurious makeup? Their products are beautiful and blend into the skin like a dream.

4. Anastasia Beverly Hills

(Source)

Continuing down the list, Anastasia Beverly Hills is also a cruelty-free cosmetic company and is known for their versatile brow products. No animal-derived ingredients inside, just love!

5. E.L.F.

(Source)

This company offers many great, affordable products like lipsticks, eyeshadow palettes, synthetic makeup brushes (but not all brushes are cruelty-free), and paraben free skincare products, among others. Their products provide neutral tones which are perfect for a simple and natural look. Keeping things simple can make a look more wearable and less of a blow to your bank account.

Nicole Dang

Waterloo '21

Hi! I'm Nicole, a third-year Science and Business student at University of Waterloo
Stephanie is a University of Waterloo alumni. In her spare time, she loves filming and creating YouTube videos. Check out her YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bizzarosmeszaros