4 Ways To Get Ready for the New Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

I hope you are all had a joyous holiday filled with friends and family. The holidays are the perfect time to reflect on the last year and prepare for the next. Therefore, here are four things you should do for the new year.

Write a Letter to Your Future Self

Future Me is an online service that allows you to write a letter to your future self that will be emailed to you in a year. It is the perfect time to look back at all the amazing memories and accomplishments from the past year, and set goals for next year.

Make a Ten Things Left – Ten Things Invited List

Get two pieces of paper out. On one, write ten things you want to leave in 2017. It could be anything, such as a habit, a person, or negative thought. On the other paper, write ten things you want to invite into your life in 2018. This is also another amazing way to reflect. Burn the first list and plant the second one.

Level Out Your Consume-Create Ratio

We are constantly consuming. We are eating, watching, listening, or absorbing information, especially as students. Take some time over the break to level out your consume-create ratio. The opportunities to create are endless, such as cooking, writing, playing music, or potting a plant.

Do a Technology Detox

The holidays are a great time to spend time with friends and family, without the constant pressure of outstanding deadlines and assignments. Be more present by doing a technology detox. Spend 24-hours without your phone and social media and spend it with the people who mean the most to you.

I hope you all had a great New Years!

Hi there! My name is Caitlyn Gellatly and I am the Campus Correspondent and President for the Waterloo Chapter of Her Campus! I am a Digital Arts Communication and International Studies student in my 4th year. I love to read, write, cook and spend time with friends, family, and sorority sisters!
I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!