16 Things You Should Keep in Your Bag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

We’ve all found ourselves in a sticky situation where we wished we had remembered to pack that certain something in our bags (c’mon you know you’ve done it).

1. Phone: I don’t know how in this day and age you might manage to forget your phone which is usually glued to your hand, but it could always happen. Make sure that you have your phone on you especially if you’re going to be out late and need to let someone know where you will be and when you’ll be home! 
  2. Phone Charger: To keep that phone that’s been glued to your hand since you half crawled- half cried your way out of bed,  make sure to pack that handy dandy charger. I find this to be one of the most important things in my bag because my phone seems to die quicker than the not so lead actress in your favourite horror flick. 
  3. Concealer: If you wear make up and find that you need to freshen up part way through the day this is a great little way to do minor touch ups in case you run into that cute guy on campus you’ve had your eye on since week one. 
  4. 50 Cents or More in Change:  This is something I always carry in case of emergencies.  In case you forget to pack your charger you can use this 50 cents to make an emergency call if you need to use an ancient pay phone (yes they still exist), or to keep the amount of a bus fare on hand in case you lose or misplace your bus pass.
  5. Hand Cream: Going into the fall and winter season, it’s important to keep your hands moisturized and soft. Cracked hands during the winter can be extremely painful, especially in the cold. 
  6. Lip Balm: It’s important to have a lip balm that also acts as a moisturizer. Your lips can easily get cracked in the colder months and may need a little extra TLC.
  7. Lip Gloss: You shouldn’t rely on the lip gloss to keep your lips moisturized because they don’t all work that way. Keep a lip gloss that has a bit of colour in it that can also go on top of the previously mentioned moisturizer to look extra cute.
  8. Hair Brush: It’s great to keep a small hair brush on you, not Barbie sized but small enough to fit into bag and not so big that it takes up a lot of room. During autumn and winter it can become very windy and could potentially ruin that hairdo you spent an hour and a half in front of the mirror perfecting. It also stimulates the scalp and hair follicles to keep those locks strong and healthy.
  9. Kleenex:  ‘Tis the season to be sneezing and colds being passed around like a bag of potato chips. Be prepared to either be using one or offering one to someone who needs to cover. 
  10. A Snack: A little granola bar or snack to hold you over on the bus ride home until you can get home and make dinner is awesome. It’s always great to have as a back up to keep you going. 
  11. Small Notebook & Pens: Having a little notebook to write down the ideas you have on the go or things you might have forgotten or need to get is handy. Any time you might need to leave a note you’re prepared! (Hello bad parking job notes! Haha)
  12. Extra Pony Tails and Bobby Pins: Having some of these on hand in your bag is awesome in case you need a few extra pins or your elastic breaks.
  13. Perfume: Sometimes when you’re running to class you can get a little sweaty and as you know sweat leads to smell. To keep from smelling unlady-like, a small little bottle in your bag to give yourself a fresh and clean scent makes all the difference. 
  14. Deodorant: A little bit of deodorant can help you freshen up part way through the day much like the above mentioned scenario if you have just run to class. 
  15. Earrings: Just incase you lose one during the day, or maybe you forgot to put some in your ears before you left. They’re too cute to not wear! 
  16. Tylenol or Advil:You never know when a splitting headache might hit or if you need to take something after listening to a 3 hour lecture on neurospace engineering with a professor who speaks in a monotone voice. 
  17. Sunglasses: PLOT TWIST THEY’RE NOT JUST A FASHION ACCESSORY (They actually protect your eyes from harmful UV rays!). With the right pair of sunglasses you can be both protected and stylish. Not to mention they make for a great headband when you’re indoors

Follow these suggestions and you’ll be covered from cracked lips to staying fresh all day. Trust me that cute guy on campus from number 3 will thank you later! 

I am a super friendly person! I have bright Green eyes that smile almost as big as I do! My favourite season is Winter and it's not just because I am a proud Canadian. I am enrolled in the Planning Program in the Faculty of Planning, and I am super excited for my first year. My friend Sav and I are Her Campus correspondents for the Chapter at Waterloo! Super excited! The outdoors is one of my favourite places to be . I love to read magazines, books, and fun interesting facts. I love fashion and trying new and different styles. I am constantly redecorating my room to make it feel even more like home and to show off who I am.