10 Pick-Up Lines to Try Over Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

A one-liner. The perfect tool to reel in that hottie you’ve had your eyes on, or a new match on Tinder. With the holidays fast approaching, you never know who you might meet over Thanksgiving. What happens if your cousin brings a cute friend to a traditional family outing? Below are some lines of love to try on an old flame or a new spark.

1. “You put the bae in turkey bae-ster.”

2. “You must be pumpkin pie, because I would love a slice of you.”

3. “Are you a turkey? … because you make me want to gobble.”

4. “Baby, I can give you something to be thankful for!”

5. “You may have been in a relation-ship, but have you ever tried a gravy boat?”

6. “The only thing sweeter than apple pie is you!”

7. “My name must be corn, because you’ve got me husked!”

8. “I’d love a taste of your dressing.”

9. “Don’t forget to help yourself to two extra servings of yours truly.”

10. “You’re looking as delicious as dessert!”

Okay – so maybe pick-up lines are a dish best left unserved. Perhaps they don’t always go as planned, but you can at least be thankful for their humour. Right?  

Shannon Bradley is a third-year English major at the University of Waterloo. Her life motto is 'view everything as a learning experience'. Shannon is a tea enthusiast, and Zumba junkie. She is also passionate about creative writing, and started http://broadlyshan.blogspot.ca/.
I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!