brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Awesome Literature Quotes for Instagram Posts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

1. “The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.” The Picture of Dorian by Gray-Oscar Wilde

2. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

3. “My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

4. “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.” The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

5. “If you loved someone, you loved him, and when you had nothing else to give, you still gave him love.” 1984 by George Orwell

6. “You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince J.K. Rowling

7. “If you let people into your life a little bit, they can be pretty damn amazing.” The Absolutely True Diary of a Part by Time Indian-Scherman Alexie

8. “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.” The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

9. “Isn’t it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive-it’s such an interesting world. It wouldn’t be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There’d be no scope for imagination then, would there?” Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

10. “This is what love does: It makes you want to rewrite the world. It makes you want to choose the characters, build the scenery, guide the plot. The person you love sits across from you, and you want to do everything in your power to make it possible, endlessly possible. And when it’s just the two of you, alone in a room, you can pretend that this is how it is, this is how it will be.” Every Day by David Levithan

Tianna

Waterloo '20

As of 2020, Tianna is a UW alumn who graduated with her BSc in Honours Science, with a minor in Biology and a minor in Music. She can now be found either reading fiction novels, hanging out with friends over coffee or thinking about Christian theology. She continues to blog over at https://theselight-woventhings.blogspot.com/
University of Waterloo Honours French and Business 2019, Her Campus Waterloo Campus Correspondent, Social Media Guru, Tech enthusiast.  Fluent in emoji, HTML and CSS. Avid reader of Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Mashable & Tech Crunch. Follow on twitter @jena_tweets