diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Apps You Need To Stay Organized This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

We may be past halfway through the semester but it isn’t too late to get organized. Here are 10 different apps that will help revamp your organization game!

1. Evernote

This is the perfect note taking app. You can type, hand write, or record your notes. Use it to make to-do lists and jot down thoughts or ideas. The best part? It is available for free on iOS, Android and Desktop. You can also sync all your devices, so you can get access to your notes at all times.

2. UWaterloo Portal

The Portal app is a must-have for any Waterloo student. Use it to find open classrooms to study in, check your WatCard balance, see important dates, check professor office hours, and so much more. It is available for free on iOS and Android.

3. Quizlet

Quizlet is the ultimate app for helping you study. You can create your own flashcard decks or choose from those created by other students. However, it is so much more than basic flashcards. Use the Learn function to master new terms, time yourself with the Match function, and test how much you actually know with the Write function. Get it for free on iOS and Android.

4. Studious

Ever struggle keeping track of all your classes and assignments? Then this is the app for you. It reminds you of upcoming classes, assignments and tests. Also, you can set it to put your phone on silent during classes, so you don’t get distracted. It is available for free on iOS and Android.

5. Mint

Let’s be honest, all university students could use a bit of help when it comes to money. Mint is the best money management and budgeting app. It keeps all your bank accounts, bills, credit cards, and investments in one place. It tracks what you’re spending and where you can save a bit of money. Get it for free on iOS and Android.

6. Google Drive

Keep all your notes, assignments, and files in one place with Google Drive. It is a safe place to store your files and allows you to access them from anywhere and at any time. Get it for free on iOS and Android.

7. SolCalender

With classes, clubs, social events, and more, university students are really busy and it can be hard to keep track of it all. Using a calendar app keeps all your events, tasks, and goals in one place. The best thing about SolCalendar is all the cute stickers you can use. Unfortunately, SolCalendar is only available for Android. However, PocketLife Calendar is a great option for iOS and you can customize it with photos.  

8. WunderList

Write down all your thoughts, ideas, places you want to go, and things you need to do in this awesome to-do list app. Use Wunderlist to create lists and set reminders. Get it for free on Android and iOS.

9. TurboScan

TurboScan is the best scanning app. It turns your phone into a powerful scanning, allowing you to scan documents and create multipage PDFs. It automatically straightens the document, eliminates shadows and alters contrast for maximum quality. You can get the free version on Android and iOS.

10. IFTTT

IFTTT stands for “If This Then That” and it helps all your apps and devices work together. IFTTT works with over 400 other apps to maximize their potential. Ever wanted the photos you are tagged in to be automatically uploaded to Google Photos? Or tomorrow’s weather to be messaged to you every evening? How about getting a reminder to take an umbrella if it supposed to rain that day? IFTT will do all of that and more. Get it for free on iOS and Android.

What apps do you use to stay organized?

Hi there! My name is Caitlyn Gellatly and I am the Campus Correspondent and President for the Waterloo Chapter of Her Campus! I am a Digital Arts Communication and International Studies student in my 4th year. I love to read, write, cook and spend time with friends, family, and sorority sisters!
Stephanie is a University of Waterloo alumni. In her spare time, she loves filming and creating YouTube videos. Check out her YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bizzarosmeszaros