Why Xochitl Gomez Should Be Your Next Style Icon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Who is She?

Xochitl Gomez is a young Latina actress who is most known for her role as America Chavez in the Marvel Studio’s film Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Gomez is not only getting attention for her acting, but for her stylish outfits. Gomez frequently posts her looks on her social media and her fans dream of having her red carpet dresses.

Since the announcement of Gomez joining the MCU in 2020, she has been a frequent attendee of movie and TV show premieres. Gomez’s outfits are not only well-designed, but also match the vibe of the premiere she is attending (it’s a shame Gomez is not old enough to attend the Met Gala, I just know she would be a theme follower). Her red carpet looks are stunning and she frequently posts her looks on social media, helping her become iconic in the world of fashion.

The reD carpet looks

@_xochitl.gomez on Instagram

One of Xochitl Gomez’s first major events was the premiere of Shang-Chi. For the event, Xochitl wore a beautiful silky blue dress from the brand Alexis and silver heels. The bright blue is the perfect contrast to the red posters around her, helping her stand out. To go with the outfit, her hair is styled in two perfectly messy space buns, a common and iconic hairstyle for her.

@_xochitl.gomez on Instagram

For her own first movie premiere, Gomez went for a very classic old Hollywood look; for many of her red carpet looks, Gomez is inspired by vintage fashion and past red carpet trends. The silver dress designed by Steven Khalil, has a more form-fitting silhouette and for her hair, she had vintage waves, making her look like a classic Hollywood star. The sparking details and layered tulle on the skirt and bodice also add a fantasy/princess-like element to the overall look.

@_xochitl.gomez

Ms.Marvel premiere!!!! June 8th!! @Marvel Studios

♬ I Love Rock ‘N Roll – Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
@_xochitl.gomez on Tik Tok

Gomez’s most popular look is most likely her Ms. Marvel premiere dress. Many of her fans love this dress because it has a similar look to Wanda Maximoff’s costumes, another character in the Doctor Strange sequel. This stunning look designed by HaissIdriss, is a red ombre dress and matching eye-shadow. The dress includes cut-outs around her waist and the fabric on the bodice connects to her wrists. This is one of the first times Gomez showed off her new shag haircut that matches her more recent punk-inspired outfits.

@_xochitl.gomez on Instagram

For the Love & Thunder premiere, Gomez’s new punk style perfectly matched the 1980’s inspired aesthetic of the film. For this look, Gomez went with a bold red dress with more sharp and defined silhouette. The dress has tall sleeves that are a perfect modern take on the 80’s shoulder pad and extreme puff sleeves trends. Her hair is big and fun just like most women’s hair trends of the 80’s but is also slicked back, giving it a more masculine and rock star appearance.

There is even more to obsess over

These are only some of Gomez’s best looks and doesn’t even include her everyday outfits, which manage to be just as fun and stylish. If you are looking for more style inspiration, I would highly recommend staying updated on Xochitl Gomez’s looks by following her on social media.

Anikka Stanley

Washington '26

Anikka is a freshman at the University of Washington. She is majoring in Communications and Astronomy. She enjoys Marvel (especially Loki), fashion, and reading.