Girl Holding Her Knees
Girl Holding Her Knees
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

As the end of Spring quarter creeps up on us, our schedules begin to bubble up with exams, last minute scrambling for internships/jobs, applying for leadership positions in our RSOs, and finalizing plans for the summer. The checklists get longer as we less and less time to wrap things up and prepare for the next year. The pressure to get everything done can be stressful enough, but the pressure to do everything successfully is even worse. When we get things done right, it’s incredibly rewarding.

However, we’re only human: sometimes we can’t ace everything. You might have bombed that midterm, or not gotten that position you wanted so badly, or maybe you’ve been down about the recent abortion ban in Alabama. When things don’t go as planned, especially in such a short amount of time, it feels like the end of the world. Just remember: you got through it.

You got it done, and that’s all that matters! Another thing off your checklist! It can be easy to start beating yourself up, over analyzing every step, and wallowing in the disappointment. Instead, accept the disappointment. Use it as a sign to pick yourself back up again, figure out what you need to do next, and do it. There are some things we simply can’t control, so there’s no point in drowning in the sadness of it. Instead, learn from those experiences, and use it to come back stronger!

As the great Big Sean once said, “Last night took an L, but tonight I bounce back.” Take your L—no, claim it—and bounce back. 

There’s always next week, and it’s not the end (well, it might be, I don’t know your situation). So if you’re still sad, allow yourself to be so for the next 3 minutes and 47 seconds, and listen to “Bad Day” by Daniel Powter one good time, and then move on. Bouncing back awaits!

Lena Abovskiy

Washington '22

Lena is Campus Correspondent for HerCampus at the University of Washington! In her free time she enjoys attending concerts, going out to eat with friends, napping, and exploring the city.