What Thanksgiving Food You Are, Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

As the most memorable dinner of the common American year, Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate life’s true blessings, catch up with perhaps long-lost family, and, of course, indulge in a highly anticipated feast of some of the best comfort foods that officially kick off the start of the holiday season. Since I’ve been way too excited for the 25th to finally come, to pass time in getting there, I wanted to conduct some top-secret, highly important research: what Thanksgiving food, according to your zodiac sign, best encapsulates your life outlook and personality? Here’s my scientific breakdown: 

Aries: Apple pie 

At the dessert table, the apple pie has the sole mission of capturing hearts to prove that it’s the best of its kind, closely aligning with the competitive nature of Aries to be their absolute best—while making sure no one forgets it. This delectable dessert and all these fire sign babes out there both never fail to build spirit in everyone around them because of their infectious boldness and ambition, just like the warm autumn spices of a homemade apple pie. 

Taurus: Mashed potatoes 

Beautiful, simple, and graceful are all adjectives that this classic staple of Thanksgiving and Taurus share, as this sign has an appreciation for stability. As mashed potatoes are the dependable and loyal member of the dinner table time and time again, Taureans make for friends that will also consistently be there for and with you from day one, offering comfort and dependability at your side in the best and worst of times. 

Gemini: Sparkling cider

Geminis are famed for their desire, and constant ability, to be “the moment” or put on a show no one will forget, as this air sign not only is the life of the party, but also lives to be a part of it. Meanwhile, the one-of-a-kind Thanksgiving luxury of sparkling cider can always be counted on to bring excitement to any situation, being the memorable holiday drink that can be admired by everyone while also serving as a catalyst for conversation between every person in the room. 

Cancer: Sweet potatoes 

Admittedly, sweet potatoes often don’t receive as much praise as the classic mashed potato dish at family holidays, but nonetheless have the power to comfort a few lucky people with their warm, sweet, and cozy nature. Cancer, too, is one of the most supportive signs of the Zodiac because of their vulnerability and insightfulness, which computes them well to a thoughtful sweet potato dish that goes the extra mile to make everyone feel welcome and full.

Leo: Turkey 

I mean, could this one be any more obvious? A Leo has its ways of being the center of attention, just like no Thanksgiving dinner would be complete without a turkey for everyone to enjoy. These self-proclaimed celebrities, just like America’s favorite bird, strive to be the best through their unmatched courage and determination when they see the opportunity arise, convincing everyone that their prowess and confidence is truly unmatched. 

Virgo: Green beans

Green beans are a simple, practical dish at the November dinner table, much like the logical approach to life that this earth sign takes. Because Virgos are very calculated, they know their worth and will surround themselves with those who truly appreciate it, just like preparing this vegetable dish takes meticulous attention-to-detail and motivation to be its best self, a quality that Virgos (rightfully so), take massive pride in. 

Libra: Pumpkin pie

With the birthdays officially kicking off the autumn season, pumpkin pie is a favorite liked by everyone, and describes the kind and sociable Libras of the world perfectly. Represented by the scales, this zodiac sign craves stability and harmony in everything they do and in the world around them, perfectly symmetrical to a good pumpkin pie’s quality of being just the right amount of sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Scorpio: Cranberries 

Scorpios are popular for being mysterious, much like a good cranberry dish on the holidays—I mean, it’s a fruit that we eat one day a year, soon to mysteriously run from the spotlight when Black Friday hits. While cranberries are an acquired taste for people, the same goes for Scorpios—they’re not afraid to be confident in themselves, and, for those who can handle their honesty and independence, you’ll have a fiercely loyal team player in your life. 

Sagittarius: Stuffing

This fire sign is known for going the extra mile in their curiosity, intensity, and need for philosophical thought. While I can’t necessarily describe a good stuffing recipe as “philosophical,” it’s a dish that distinguishes itself from others by literally bringing something new to the table with its innovative recipe. Like Sagittarians, this delight can be a favorite with everyone because of its “cut-to-the-chase” ability that hits the spot every time. 

Capricorn: Gravy

Plain and simple, gravy is there to support everybody and keep the Thanksgiving dinner running smoothly, just like an ambitious and capable Capricorn spirit. These earth signs are downright leaders that are persistent in their goals, often aligning with the phrase “teamwork makes the dream work.” Similarly, gravy can undeniably form an alliance with turkey, potatoes, and just about anything on one’s plate to make Thanksgiving dinner a holiday to remember. 

Aquarius: Peas 

If I’m being honest, Aquarians are known for standing their ground on their morals and beliefs, a necessary quality we need in the zodiac, just like a green peas dish for Turkey Day, in that the recipe never has to change to fit its usual mold to be good. Aside from their assertiveness, Aquarians are known to be the humanitarians of the zodiac sign with a fondness for the natural world, with an undeniable love for anything straight-forwardly green and serene. 

Pisces: Rolls

The most sensitive sign of the zodiac with a tendency to think rather compassionately, Pisces have the innate capability of absorbing everything around them without judgement. A classic dinner roll, likewise, is a staple of the classic Thanksgiving get-together by being a food that everyone can take solace in due to its sweetness, flexibility, and, when you take them home for leftovers, will always keep their same effortless amount of magic (can you tell what sign I am yet?)  

Hailey Hummel

Washington '23

Hailey was the previous President of HCUW and graduated from the University of Washington in 2023 with a BA in Public Health-Global Health (with departmental honors), and a minor in Law, Societies, and Justice. She loves hiking, traveling, making art, playing piano, taking pictures, and spending time with her friends.