This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Look.

I’ve waited 8 YEARS for this movie. And let me just say…THE TRAILER DID NOT DISAPPOINT.

Created by Scott Cawthon, this indie gem has given us all the creeps with its scary animatronic characters and twisted lore. We’ll dive into what you can expect from the movie, and dig into those burning questions about the mysterious lore.

The new Five Nights at Freddy’s movie takes us deep into the eerie and suspenseful universe of the popular video game franchise. Based on the captivating lore surrounding the animatronic characters, the film follows a group of individuals who find themselves trapped overnight at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza. As they work to survive until morning, they must confront these animatronics and uncover the dark secrets lurking within the establishment.

Fans of the game can anticipate an intense and gripping cinematic experience. The movie aims to capture the spine-chilling atmosphere that has made the Five Nights at Freddy’s franchise a global sensation.

Now here’s the part most fans are curious about: what pieces of lore will Scott choose to keep in the film? Admittedly, this is a tough question to answer. With almost a decade’s worth of stories, characters, and events, it’s hard to predict what might be in the film. Here are some questions fans have:

Will the movie address the bite of ’87? Look, this notorious event has been up for debate for years, and we still have yet to get a proper deconstruction and understanding other than how vital it is to the Afton story.

Will we learn more about Marionette’s connection to the missing children? Fans have known since the beginning the Puppet has been vital in understanding the lore behind the missing children, and are hoping we’ll find out more about this mysterious character.

Personally, I am so excited for this movie. Seeing the game I’ve known for years now come to life on the screen is huge for the fandom and in continuing the thrill. The new Five Nights at Freddy’s movie promises to be a thrilling and immersive experience, delivering the heart-pounding terror that fans of the franchise have come to love. Whether you’re a dedicated follower of the game or a newcomer to the world of animatronic horrors, prepare yourself for a cinematic journey that will keep you guessing and leave you eagerly awaiting the next chapter in this dark and enigmatic saga.

The Five Nights At Freddy’s movie will be out on October 27th and also be available to stream on Peacock!

tanvi sivakumar

Maryland '26

Tanvi is a biology major at the University of Maryland. She is an avid concert-goer and the epitome of the 1D/5SOS to the 1975 pipeline...which should be self-explanatory.