This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

1) “Harry Potter” Series

For the past couple of years during the holidays, it’s tradition for me to have a Harry Potter movie marathon. These films never fail to make me happy.

If you have been living under a rock and do not know about the Wizarding world, what are you seriously doing? Do you even know your own Hogwarts House? (Mine is Hufflepuff by the way). These films incorporate vivid images and magical moments, making you feel as if you are the main character navigating your way throughout the Wizarding World and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  

I love the holiday scenes in particular during these movies because they incorporate important themes like friendship and love that are present throughout the season.

2) The Polar Express

A childhood favorite of mine, The Polar Express does an excellent job of making you feel like a kid again when you watch. The animation is very bright and lively, reminding me of the memories of watching this movie in elementary school. I recommend cuddling up with your cup of hot chocolate and remembering the good old days as you wander off on the train ride. 

3) Elf

This movie should already be on your number 1 list to watch this holiday season. It brings you the right amount of comedy into the holiday season, and after the year we have all had in 2020, why not have Will Ferrell make you laugh for 2 hours?

4) Noelle

Noelle was released last Holiday season on Disney + as a Christmas tale with a twist.

A quick description of the movie according to Elena Nicolaou from Refinery29 is, “After his legendary father passes away, Nick (Bill Hader) becomes the 24th man to don Santa’s red uniform and long white beard (a clip-on). There’s just one problem: Nick would rather teach silent meditation retreats in the Arizona desert than shimmy down chimneys and deliver presents. He prefers tie-dye to fur-lined red, and heat to snow. Chipper and capable, Nick’s sister, Noelle (Anna Kendrick), shows far more aptitude for the family business.”

I would say that if you enjoy any movie with Anna Kendrick in it, you should check it out. I would personally describe this movie as the modern Elf movie, with a predictable twist. Although the movie is cliche, the cast and comedy make up for it as an enjoyable watch.

Stephanie is currently a sophomore at the Univeristy of Washington. She is originally from a small town in Eastern Washington. She intends to major in Law, Societies and Justice. In her free time, she enjoys looking at nice puppy content and listening to music.