Three Podcasts I’ve Been Loving To Keep Me Motivated and Inspired

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

During spring break, I suffered through extreme boredom and had no idea what to do with all of the free time I had on my hands. It felt like I had watched every movie on Netflix and had scrolled through all of the TikToks on my For You Page. Needless to say, I was in the mood to entertain myself without having the strain of blue lights from a screen on my eyes. 

Thankfully, I stumbled across podcasts on Spotify. Although I’ve had Spotify for years, the podcast section is an area I never bothered to explore before. I was shocked by the wide selection of topics that were covered and how many were being produced. Now, it seems like all I do is listen to podcasts. I listen to them while I get ready, when I take walks, or if I’m having trouble falling asleep at night. My lack of motivation and struggle for inspiration to make the most out of my day has vanished thanks to podcasts. I’m sharing three of my favorites that are hosted by some of the biggest names in the young, social media industry. 

Gals on the Go with Danielle Carolan and Brooke Miccio

Gals on the Go is hosted by two entrepreneurs who started their success through YouTube. Danielle is a current student at UGA and Brooke recently graduated from there as well. In their podcast, they discuss issues in their personal lives and how they overcome them with a positive and resilient mindset. They definitely bring the “hustle” energy to the table that is both motivating and contagious. It’s the perfect podcast to listen to if you’re feeling down or stressed out. 

Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain

Out of the three podcasts, this one is probably my favorite. Emma Chamberlain is an internet sensation known for being her quirky and funny self amidst her quick rise to fame. People often forget that she’s a normal teenage girl who also carries hardships and is managing life like the rest of us. In her podcast, she goes in depth about stories from her past and how they’ve influenced her character. This podcast is a favorite of mine because it makes Emma more relatable and the way she holds the discussion is as if she’s having a casual conversation with a close friend. 

Call Me Candid with Haley Pham and Lily Anne 

Similar to Gals on the Go, Call Me Candid focuses on female empowerment and productivity advice. The hosts include Haley Pham who is a youtuber and Lily Anne who is a letterer. I love this podcast because they talk about their personal struggles in the business field. I’m no business major, but it’s always something I’ve been curious about. Hearing about their success at a young age is very interesting and drives me to make better use of my time. 

Jodhi James

Washington '21

Jodhi is a member of the writing team at Her Campus. She is studying English and has always had a love for reading and writing. In her free time she enjoys exploring new cafes and having fun with friends in the city.