The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Have you been sleuthing the #BookTok trends on TikTok like every other girl in her 20s these days? If so, you probably know that BookTok has become a place to find a community of women, men, and others who read all sorts of romance stories. From wholesome, cinnamon roll romance to the spicier side of YA tropes, BookTok is filled with recommendations for your next dreamy, fictional leading man fix. Whether it’s sports romance, books about billionaire mafia bosses, or the traditional “misunderstood” bad boy, fantastic young adult romance tropes have TikTok in a vice grip. If you’re looking for some of the best of these books in 2021, read on.

The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas

If you’re an avid BookTok viewer like me, you’ve definitely heard of The Spanish Love Deception. And if you haven’t, then welcome to your new favorite book. When Catalina needs to bring a date to her sister’s wedding, she of course recruits her hot co-worker (who she happens to hate). This novel combines a fake dating, enemies-to-lovers wedding date trope with everybody’s book boyfriend, Aaron Blackford. From NYC to Spain, this multicultural, sweet, and funny office romance story is sure to steal your heart.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54189398-the-spanish-love-deception

The love hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

What originally began as a Rey x Kylo Ren Star Wars fanfiction, The Love Hypothesis is one of the most popular romance novels of 2021. With an irresistible grumpy x sunshine couple and fake dating trope, this sci-fi fanfiction turned scientific-research-setting love story is sure to tug at your heartstrings. I’ll just be spending my time trying my best to see the leading man as anybody BUT Adam Driver (I’m sorry).

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/56732449-the-love-hypothesis

people we meet on vacation by Emily Henry

For the ultimate ~summer vibes~ book of 2021, read People We Meet on Vacation. With a carefree, wild leading lady and an adorably bookish leading man, this book is the ultimate besties-to-lovers, opposites attract trope. It centers around Alex and Poppy, best friends who are having a fight, and details their attempt at spending a single week of summer vacation fixing it. If you want a feel-good book about two people finally confessing their feelings to each other, this is it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54985743-people-we-meet-on-vacation

So, I hope that this (non-comprehensive) list can help you find a new book you love this year. Of course, keep scouring those BookTok pages to see what new, exciting books are published in 2022. This list doesn’t even touch on some of the more iconic, older novels popular on social media right now; there’s always a plethora of amazing reads to discover. There are simply never too many fictional men for a girl to fall in love with!

Shima is a junior at UW currently residing in Mukilteo, WA. She is majoring in Microbiology and hopes to someday become a physician. She enjoys baking bread, watching Teen Wolf, and practicing Taekwondo in her free time.