This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

This past year, many trends have come and gone faster than people can actually purchase the trendy items. With the growing amount of social media influencers, people’s want for items, specifically clothing and accessories, has grown. People are swayed everyday to purchase certain items just from what they see others wearing. The clothing and accessories included in this article have skyrocketed in popularity and have left the biggest impact on the fashion world this past year.

1. Claw Clips

I swear that every college girl across the country owns at least one of these clips. They range in sizes, colors, shapes, and prices. At first I thought these clips were only for appearance, but they are helpful to keep your hair up while studying and are surprisingly comfortable.

2. Ugg Mini Boot

Uggs have made another comeback, this time with the mini Ugg. The Ugg Classic Mini Boot has now sold out virtually everywhere, and it was one of the biggest gifts this Christmas season. Their sell out proves once again that Uggs will always come back into fashion time and time again.

3. Tote Bags

My personal favorite trend of this year has been tote bags. My Harry Styles Love on Tour tote bag has become my personal favorite grocery and daily travel bag. It’s also useful when I just need to carry my laptop or a small amount of school books. In all, these bags are so useful and come in so many different styles, patterns, and colors. They’re also are relatively cheap, which is also great.

4. Dr. Martens

Even with their costly price, Dr. Martens have continued to remain in the trend for many years. Emma Chamberlain, a lifestyle Youtuber, has always used Dr. Martens as a piece in her fashion. With millions watching her worldwide, many teenagers have continued wearing those boots as well. The ones I purchased this past year, the Dr. Martens Platform Chelsea Boot, have become my favorite shoe and they pull together any outfit.

5. Tiny Purses

Surprisingly, the trend of having a large bag (besides a tote bag) has gone. Instead, tiny bags from Brandy Melville and Zara have become extremely popular again. I think these bags will continue to be popular for the next year, but the trend may switch back to larger purses after that.

6. Flare Leggings

The flare leggings from Aerie have become a fashion trend on every college campus. They are both comfortable and match with any top. For this trend, Lululemon has surprisingly not had much success in copying Aerie, solely because the price of Aerie’s leggings are so much less than Lululemon’s.

7. Puffer Jackets

The North Face Puffer has become one of the most popular winter jackets of this year; it’s currently sold out at almost every North Face store. It’s an expensive item, but is known to keep you warm during the winter. It comes in an expanse of colors, but the black one is the most well known.

8. Biker Shorts

Biker shorts being trendy have come hand-in-hand with the athleisure trend. Lululemon has tried to own this trend with their advertising and by creating these shorts in a variety of colors. These shorts are cute, versatile, and overall comfortable for working out in.

Elizabeth Williams

Washington '25

Elizabeth Williams is one of the Campus Correspondents for University of Washington’s Her Campus chapter. As a freshman she was a Writer, followed by being a Corresponding Editor for a year. In her hometown of Wilton, Connecticut she developed her love of writing in high school. Now as a junior at the University of Washington, she is pursuing a double major in Journalism and Psychology. Through her journalism classes she has covered a variety of topics about the environment, social media, and on-campus events. For Her Campus, she mainly writes about music, fashion, and college advice. She also just recently returned to campus from studying abroad in London! In her free time she loves reading (she read 25 books last year), doing hot yoga, and spending time with her roommates. If she’s not writing you can probably find her getting coffee or at a concert, most likely at Harry Styles’ Love on Tour or at Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour. If you have read some of her articles, you can probably tell that her greatest achievements are getting tickets to concerts (a certified skill) and predicting the outcome of reality tv shows.