This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

In case you haven’t noticed, the newly popular genre of entertainment all over the world is South Korean TV Dramas. Called K-Dramas by fans, Korean drama shows have taken over online streaming platforms and social media apps alike. Just this past year, Squid Game became Netflix’s most-watched original show of all time. While Squid Game surely made a splash in the scene of American consumer media, it is by no means the only amazing South Korean-produced show that exists. If you found yourself enjoying learning more about Korean culture in Squid Game, are able to read subtitles fluently, or just want to try something new, you’ll want to read this list of the best K-Dramas of 2022 so far.

Business Proposal

If you’re a fan of the typical “rich guy meets not-so-rich girl” trope, you’ll love Business Proposal. Starring two main couples with adorable backstories and meet-cutes, Business Proposal revolves around a workaholic CEO who decides he wants to marry his employee, while his secretary falls in love with the employee’s rich best friend. Heartfelt, funny, and as cheesy as they come, Business Proposal is just the rom-com K-Drama that 2022 needed.

Where to watch: Netflix

All of us are dead

If you’re less into rom-coms and want something more exciting or action-packed, you need to watch All Of Us Are Dead. In this zombie apocalypse show, teens struggle to escape their high school where they’ve become trapped. With a cast full of amazing teen actors, this show has been topping the trending list on Netflix, so if you’re a fan of zombie thrillers, you’ll definitely want to give this one a try.

Where to watch: Netflix

Twenty-five twenty-one

One of the most heartfelt dramas of 2022, Twenty-five Twenty-one is about a fencer with big aspirations who meets a man trying to rebuild his life. Another great romantic story, this drama stars the popular actor Nam Joo-Hyuk from shows like Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo, who is both incredibly good-looking and a fantastic male lead. For an emotional and inspirational story about young love and dreams, you won’t want to miss this K-Drama.

Where to watch: Netflix

So, if you’re not sure what to watch and you’ve never given a K-Drama a try, you can definitely start with something on this list. If you’re a K-Drama veteran and want to start getting back into the shows that are popular right now, these are your best bets. Either way, I hope that this list has inspired you to expand your watchlist and try something new. Happy watching!

Shima is a junior at UW currently residing in Mukilteo, WA. She is majoring in Microbiology and hopes to someday become a physician. She enjoys baking bread, watching Teen Wolf, and practicing Taekwondo in her free time.