ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Summer Survival Kit: Why You Need These Items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Summer is coming! Here are some must-have items that will make your summer the best yet!

1. Rich Bitch by Nicole Lapin

Possibly the most helpful item our team was lucky enough to receive in our Survival Kit this quarter was the book Rich Bitch by Nicole Lapin. Everyone knows that college students are not always the most successful when it comes to managing their own finances. With so many opportunities to grab fro-yo, take a yoga class or eat dinner out it’s no wonder that the money of college students disappears rather quickly. This book is filled with a plan to help one figure out their own finances and get things in order right after college graduation and how to stay financially successful during a very stressful entry into the ‘real world’. Lapin talks about finance with wit and humor making this an excellent choice for women who want their finances to be in proper order. 

2. Boohoo Ponchos

In places like Seattle, the weather can change at any moment and it’s difficult to be prepared, but the Boohoo ponchos are easy to fit in a purse or bag, so you can be ready to whip them out when the weather  turns sour! For those who plan on taking advantage of the many festivals coming up, these ponchos are a fun way to stay dry, while still visibly maintaining your look, if a downpour starts. I know this poncho has saved me, and my outfit, from being drenched in the rain! “April showers bring May flowers” right?

3. Blink Tattoos

I was so excited when I saw that we received the Blink Tattoos in our Summer Survival Kit! I love using them with my friends before concerts or parties to add something different to my accessories.They are so easy to put on and last for an incredible amount of time. Each tattoo is so unique and different than the next; there’s a design for everyone! I can’t wait to see what else the company comes up with next. I totally recommend them! 

4. Crunch Live Workout Site

Want to get and maintain a beach body this summer without having to hit the gym? Well, here’s a gym you can join and take anywhere, even outdoors! Crunch Live is an online fitness website with a large compilation of classes and professional instructors. These workouts are accessible from the comfort and privacy of your home, or for when you want to spend some time outside in the sun. It is accessible on your phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, and even Smart TV, so there really is no excuse for you not to workout and have some fun. There is a wide variety of genres to choose from, including ballet, hip-hop, strength training, yoga body sculpting, and the classic pilates. Unlimited online access is $9.99 a month, but Her Campus is offering a free 30-day trial with the access code “HERCAMPUS.” We know that not all girls like to sweat in public, so give this online gym a try. Happy sweating! 

Rhea Panela

Washington

I am a student at the University of Washington, Seattle, working towards a major in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English. My goal is to utilize my passion for reading, writing, and the media in a career in entertainment or broadcast journalism, or in book editing and publishing. I am a sister of alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority, Inc.