This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Finals are here which marks the almost end of yet another quarter at school! For me, the burnout was so real this spring quarter. It has been a whole year since our school had announced the start of online classes and I think the majority of students were feeling the annoyance with this repetitive cycle, but now everything is looking up! The very high possibility of in person classes in the fall and not to mention the warm weather that made a strong appearance earlier than expected! With the warm weather creeping up and knowing that my friends and I are fully vaccinated, I am so excited to enjoy this summer like I wasn’t able to last year! So, here are my top 5 things you should have on your summer bucket list this year! 

Road Trip!

Who doesn’t love a good road trip? With friends by your side, it makes it even better. Plan a day trip, pack your things and drive to the beach, the city, the mall and enjoy time with each other! Road trips don’t have to be hours away either! A small 30 minutes is plenty – the drive to the destination is usually the best part in my opinion! 

Movie Night/Marathon!

Now I know, I know, this one is so cliché – everyone and their mothers put movie nights down for their summer bucket list, but that’s because it’s such an easy fun thing to do! Unless of course your friends are like mine and can’t sit still and be quiet for more than 30 minutes! Make some cute snacks, make some cute drinks, put on some comfy clothes, and snuggle on the couch with friends to watch your favorite movie, this one is perfect for those who’d much rather enjoy time at home than go out! 

Summer Photo Album!

My favorite thing to do growing up was to look through my mom’s photos from back when she was a teenager. I loved being able to hold the physical photo in my hands and see this memory. Years from now I want to be able to look back at my physical pictures rather than on a computer. Go out and buy an old disposable camera and take photos all summer long with whatever it is you are doing – whether that be with friends or on your own! Then at the end of summer print the photos out and put them in a photo album that you’ll be able to hold onto for years to come! 

Go Hiking!

While I know that physical work when it’s 90+ degrees out is never fun, hiking can be fun! Find a trail that ends at a body of water that you can jump into, and it’ll make the sweat worth it! It’s also a perfect opportunity to get a good workout in! 

Picnic at the Park! 

Make the most of this! Bring a cute blanket, a cute basket or bag that holds all your food, and set it all up in a cute little area. Bring your speaker and eat while listening to your favorite music and soaking up the sunshine! 

Sitlali Cortes

Washington '23

Sitlali is a third year student at the University of Washington and intended communications major! She's from Yakima, Washington and when she's not busy with school or work you'll find her with friends and family! She also enjoys reading and writing poetry and making playlists.