This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

It’s finally here. The best quarter of the year is just about to start. After making it through the rather dreary, cold and rainy fall and winter quarters we have finally arrive at spring quarter! The onset of sunnier days, blooming flowers and longer days means it is a great time to take advantage of all the great activities to do around the UW during spring quarter. That being said, here is a list of the top 4 things to do on our beautiful campus during spring.

Go to the WAC: The WAC or the Waterfront Activities Center is located on UW’s campus down by Husky Stadium and is a great place to visit in the spring. It features water activities like kayaking and boating with rentals available for a low fee. This is a great thing to do with your friends or for a date and is a great way to see campus from the water.

Walk to Gasworks Park or Freemont: This is definitely a more active excursion. Save this one for a day when there isn’t a cloud in the sky and grab some walking shoes. The walk to Gasworks isn’t too long but the one to Freemont is a trek. However, the walks are rewarding with either great views or fun shopping and restaurants abound.

Study on the Quad: While this may not be the first thing you think of when you imagine a fun UW outing, studying on the quad can actually be pretty enjoyable! Bring a blanket, some snacks and music and set yourself up a nice study spot. This isn’t the best place to go if you need to get lots of work done but for some light reading it’s really nice to sit outside and people watch while still feeling productive.

Wander the Greenhouse: This spring is a great time to see our amazing greenhouse located by the footbridge to the biology building, especially because it probably won’t be around much longer as it is being torn down to make way for a new academic building. The greenhouse is filled with amazing plants from all over the world and while it sounds a little strange, it is a great place to visit and surprisingly interesting given the selection of plants.

Hopefully you have picked up a couple of new ideas to try out this spring. If you have any other great ideas that weren’t included, feel free to comment so we can find some fun new things to do!